shocks and struts

• Sponsors (?)

The most noticable change that I have made so far were the Ford Racing "C" Springs and the Tokico 5-way's!

Put them on the #1 setting and you get a good ride.

Put them on the #5 setting and the handling is unreal, plus it doesn't nose down when you brake hard!

P.S.--Anyone that has lowering springs get a $15.00 set of offset rack bushings (easy to install) and you won't believe it, almost no bumpsteer at all! And turn in is right now!! :banana:

hognutz said:
attachment.php

No offense, but why would you put those rims on such a nice car? :shrug: They look awful. :(

007 said:
No offense, but why would you put those rims on such a nice car? :shrug: They look awful. :(

no offense why do run saleen rims on a car that isn't a saleen are you a poser?

just kidding. wheels are all about taste. you don't like them. I wanted to get budnik or boyds wheels. could not afford them. The one think I didn't want on this car was cobra, bullit, saleen, or roush wheels. every body has them. some people like them alot I just don't like running what everyone else has.

well unless the wife veto's me I think I may just get the koni's. never heard anything bad about them. she has be getting cheap on my. I think once I remider her I spent 5k on her new rack in oct. she will come around.

hognutz said:
I wanted to get budnik or boyds wheels. could not afford them. The one think I didn't want on this car was cobra, bullit, saleen, or roush wheels. every body has them. some people like them alot I just don't like running what everyone else has.QUOTE]

I had 19/20 inch Boyd Rallyes on my S-10. They cost me $2900 with tires. You'll have to wait one month for them to make them and possibly another week for shipping. Ford/Saleen/Roush makes some really good looking wheels, and they fit right. I'm not looking to be flashy in my Mustang and I'm not looking to do what no one else has done. I have nothing to prove.

~B7~ said:
hognutz said:
I wanted to get budnik or boyds wheels. could not afford them. The one think I didn't want on this car was cobra, bullit, saleen, or roush wheels. every body has them. some people like them alot I just don't like running what everyone else has.QUOTE]

I had 19/20 inch Boyd Rallyes on my S-10. They cost me $2900 with tires. You'll have to wait one month for them to make them and possibly another week for shipping. Ford/Saleen/Roush makes some really good looking wheels, and they fit right. I'm not looking to be flashy in my Mustang and I'm not looking to do what no one else has done. I have nothing to prove.

who said is was about proving anything. I said it was about personal taste. I just like doing my car to be unique. that is my personal taste it is not good or bad. I just think it is funny when they come out and say your wheels are gay. when I proably think thier wheels are gay. this thread was supposed to be about what shocks and struts to buy not what someone thinks of my wheels. I could give 2 ****s less about that. IF I wanted to know if someone liked my wheels the thread whould have said something about that. I do my car for what I like. I can't remeber the last time I was worried about "proving" anything with my car.

hognutz said:
who said is was about proving anything. I said it was about personal taste. I just like doing my car to be unique. that is my personal taste it is not good or bad. I just think it is funny when they come out and say your wheels are gay. when I proably think thier wheels are gay. this thread was supposed to be about what shocks and struts to buy not what someone thinks of my wheels. I could give 2 ****s less about that. IF I wanted to know if someone liked my wheels the thread whould have said something about that. I do my car for what I like. I can't remeber the last time I was worried about "proving" anything with my car.

Damn bro, quit reading into things on here. Nothing negative was directed towards you & your wheels. I was just stating that I have nothing to prove......I didn't say you did. After your less-than-nice response, maybe you do? I don't know.

Back on topic.........I still vote for the Bilsteins.

~B7~ said:
Damn bro, quit reading into things on here. Nothing negative was directed towards you & your wheels. I was just stating that I have nothing to prove......I didn't say you did. After your less-than-nice response, maybe you do? I don't know.

Back on topic.........I still vote for the Bilsteins.

sorry. though you were taking some stab at me. seemed condesending to me. my bad. I guess I am sensitive. ha ha

yeah I still can't make up my damn mind. I was all set on the bilsteins till I found a better deal on the koni's. I just don't think I am the type that would adjust me shocks much. seems like I would set them where I like them and leave them.

I just read some of the other replys on here....I saw people taking stabs at you because of your wheels.....so now I can see (from your point of view)why you might have thought I was doing the same.

About the shocks......that's exactly what I said to myself....I couldn't really seeing myself changing the settings on the shocks all the time. I don't take my car to the drags or the track.....so I really have a need for the adjustability either.

I got my Mach 1 Tokico's to the door for $170. Those, coupled with B springs makes my car ride like a Mustang should.

I looked all over and these Tokico's are by far the cheapest, and all they are is just revalved HPs

PM me for where to get them.

Red35th said:
I got my Mach 1 Tokico's to the door for $170. Those, coupled with B springs makes my car ride like a Mustang should.

I looked all over and these Tokico's are by far the cheapest, and all they are is just revalved HPs

PM me for where to get them.

c-springs and mach 1 struts/shocks here..

Geez, $170 is not bad at all. KaPPABaLL - how's the ride with C springs and the Mach1 struts/shocks? I've got C springs and just need to pick out struts/shocks before installing.

BTW - kudos to everyone who has posted here - this is one of the best strut/shock threads in a long time. :nice:

The C-springs and Mach 1 Tokicos are superduper to me. hehe i also have the MM subframe connnectors like you do. It's not like you have coilover suspension or anything but i would have to say it's 80% improvement in handling over stock. Give or take :D
I also have the o/r MRT SS h-pipe and waiting for my 4.30's to be installed. Anyway, you can't go wrong with the Mach 1 Tokicos. For the price it's damn great. If you were wondering about ride quality, i have no complaint.. good luck bro

KaPPaBaLL said:
The C-springs and Mach 1 Tokicos are superduper to me. hehe i also have the MM subframe connnectors like you do. It's not like you have coilover suspension or anything but i would have to say it's 80% improvement in handling over stock. Give or take :D
I also have the o/r MRT SS h-pipe and waiting for my 4.30's to be installed. Anyway, you can't go wrong with the Mach 1 Tokicos. For the price it's damn great. If you were wondering about ride quality, i have no complaint.. good luck bro

Thanks for the info - I think that I'll follow in your footsteps. :D

Well I think I may end up with the bilsteins. my research has led me to belive that they have may the best life expectancy. I wish I knew what the difference between them and the cheaper tokicos would be. I like $170 better than $480. I am just the worlds worst at second guessing my purchases. I feel if I buy them I will always wonder if the bilsteins would have been better. I will just make the wife work some overtime ha ha