shocks and struts

this was just a thought, but here goes...

I was wanting to replace the springs/shocks/struts on my car to get a more aggressive appearance and better handling with my GT. However I have a really nice craftsman floor jack that I use to replace my o/r pipe when necessary. The jack clearance seems to be somewhat close even with the factory setup. Has anyone ever had trouble getting the hydralic jack under their car after they lower it about 1 1/2"? Probally a dumb question but one that could impact my decision.

• Sponsors (?)

xtrm281gt said:

I was wanting to replace the springs/shocks/struts on my car to get a more aggressive appearance and better handling with my GT. However I have a really nice craftsman floor jack that I use to replace my o/r pipe when necessary. The jack clearance seems to be somewhat close even with the factory setup. Has anyone ever had trouble getting the hydralic jack under their car after they lower it about 1 1/2"? Probally a dumb question but one that could impact my decision.

All you have to do is cut a couple of pieces of 2 x 12's about 2 ft. long, back your car onto them and you can get your jack underneath :nice:

xtrm281gt said:

I went to Lowes and got some 2x8x120 inch lumber. I cut it (3 feet, 2 feet, 1 foot) lengths then made ramps to drive onto. This way they are not too steep to drive onto and gives enough height to slide the jack under then raise the car normally.

Laser Red GT said:
Where did you find Koni's for $550? I have 'C' springs and i need struts too, i'm torn between Bilstein and Koni. I think i'd prefer the adjustability of the Koni's.

A guy has them on ebay. there are two auction right now. bilsteins for $480 shipped koni for $550 shipped. yeah I am torn as well. I think the longevity of the bilsteins may be the deciding factor for me. unless someone can chime in and say the koni's are supposed to have the same lifespan as the bilsteins.

xtrm281gt said:

I know everone thinks I am gay for having 20inch rims but this is why I did it. I hate having a car that is actually "low" I just like it to look low.

Hi all,

I know this is a strut/shock thread but noticed some of you have springs I am considering and hope I can throw out a quick question here.

I have a 00GT with C-Springs and I just picked up a 02GT that needs springs. What is the difference between the ford racing C and B-Springs, is it just the spring rate in the front and does this cause more settling than with the C-Springs giving more of a raked look or do they both settle to the same ride height?

-Cale

281Ponies said:
I have a 00GT with C-Springs and I just picked up a 02GT that needs springs. What is the difference between the ford racing C and B-Springs, is it just the spring rate in the front and does this cause more settling than with the C-Springs giving more of a raked look or do they both settle to the same ride height?

Go here for spring specs: http://www.2kgt.com/_tech.asp?item=16

Anybody have anything like this for shocks/struts?