Shocks/Struts w/ springs

bobc83

Jul 31, 2007
Normal,IL
I was wondering if most aftermarket shocks/struts like bilstein and Tokico are really designed for a lower than stock ride height mustang? I need all four corners replaced over the winter and I have a Pro kit, which is going the best mate to the springs? I see that Eibach makes a damper kit just for the springs, so does that make them that much different then lets say a set of bilsteins from americanmuscle.com? I googled the eibach kit too and got some bad reviews concerning quality.

Question two is, what if I changed up to a H&R super sport spring, would the bilsteins then be compressed too much?
Just wondering because the sites selling these components most times don't say anything about this and I know it(ride height) has to affect how the shock operates.

Thanks in advance :D

• Sponsors (?)

You may want to consider struts built for a 5.0 fox (87-93). They allow for 1" more compression compared to SN-95 strut and will bolt in. In fact, I have a fox strut on my SN-95 and a SN-95 struts on my fox. :shrug:

You know I was just reading about that but, Maximum Motorsports for example, offers the HD Bilstein for years 87-04. I guess I must have been not looking, but It does say the pro-kit is a good match for the bilstein HD's. Now if one allows for more compression that the other why would they sell them in one huge range of model years?

Looks like the Bilstein's may already have that 1" of extra compression built in for the SN-95. Actaully, the fox strut body is 1" shorter. You'll just have to call MM and ask to know for sure.