Suspension Shocks?

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by Jhussey1280, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Alright so I'm moving on to the suspension upgrades of my 98 GT and I'm torn on shocks. I was looking at Tokicos, but I'm wondering how good they really are for a lowered car. I'm not necessarily wanting to go "cheap" but I don't need adjustables. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

2. Are you more into cornering or straight line performance? What springs are you running?

3. Well I'm into an all around performer, but if I had to chose, I'd say straight ling. HR Sport springs.

4. I have the Tokico HP shocks & struts (also called the "blues"). I am lowered on H&R springs as well, but the Super Sport version (about 2 inches drop). I have twice now blown out my front strut. I think the struts are too long in length (for how much of a drop I have) and they compress too far when I hit a bump, blowing out and therefore ruining the strut. I believe the H&R "Sport" springs don't lower as much as the "Super Sports"? If so, you may be perfectly happy with these Tokicos. Myself on the other hand, will be using a shorter shock from a fox body and possibly not a Tokico. The rear shocks, however, seem to be holding up just fine.

5. For all around dampeners, with an edge toward straight line performance, I really like the Strange 10-way adjustable shocks & struts. They work very well on the drag strip, but they handle pretty well in the corners when you set them to stiff.

6. I was looking at the Strange 10-ways a couple of years ago, now I can't seem to find them. I've looked on americanmuscle.com were I saw them before but I dont see them now. I'll have to dig again. thanks!