Shoomakan's Introduction.

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by Shoomakan, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Shoomakan

Shoomakan Member

Hello everyone,

I'm Shoomakan, and after many years of fantasizing about doing up a Fox, I finally found a suitable chassis and have started working on it.

Current parts in transit are a Competition Engineering 8 point rollcage, Steeda subframe connectors, torque boxes, Prothane bushings, Prothane motor mounts, H&R springs, and Bilstein shock absorbers.

As soon as I'm done with the body and suspension, I'll be ordering a TFS top end kit, and get to work on mating a Getrag 265 transmission to the Foxbody. I'll be using a Getrag 265 off of an old Opel Manta, as that Opel also had a live axle rear end. Have a 302 bellhousing, and that Getrag has a removal bellhousing. Should be fairly easy. Those Getrag's are famous for holding a good amount of torque, and I want to avoid the headache that is a T5.

Here's one of my other cars, a 1996 540iT/6. One of 499 made! It's fully stripped, has plenty of suspension mods thrown into it, and a highly developed aggressive tune and some basic mods. Made 282whp/295wtq last time I had it at the dyno, before I adjusted the AFR's. 705026_10151364003612668_251587499_o.jpg

2. Shoomakan

Shoomakan Member

Here's Foxxy. Doesn't look like much now, but she's going in for a full bodywork restoration. She'll be done in a couple of months, body wise. I've already taken out most of the interior, removed the motor/tranny, and purchased glass replacements. Currently looking for a new front bumper and trying to decide what headlights I want. While I don't really like the OEM 3 piece lights, I can't find a single 1 piece light that doesn't look too Fast and Furious-y. I wish someone made an OEM looking unit, just 1 piece.

As I'll be tracking/drag racing the car eventually, I'm going to try to keep weight down. Keeping the dash and HVAC, but probably going to get a CF hood, plexi rear window, and rear seat/carpeting delete.

Looking forward to learning lots about the Fox, and making new friends.

3. stykthyn

stykthyn Commander of the snuggie cultists

Is that a dead possum on the hood?

dnbonds likes this.
  4. Shoomakan

Shoomakan Member

Nah, it's a piece of dried up interior carpeting from the other parts car you see next to it. :p

5. madmike1157

madmike1157 the humor is still lost on me
    SN Certified Technician

Albums:
    The pictures are the size of the Sun, Shoomakan. you should consider some sort of hosting website like photobucket.

The signage in the background looks middle eastern......Israel?

6. hoopty5.0

hoopty5.0 Mustang Master

You've got my interest.

7. tannerc91gt

tannerc91gt More durable than coconuts and twice as fast

I know the 265 has been mated to LSx motors before. Should be pretty stout behind a 302. Interested in just how many custom parts you'll end up having to make

8. Shoomakan

Shoomakan Member

Nope, Lebanon! An easy mistake to make if you're not from the region. :)

I would have thrown in my spare Getrag 420 (6 speed rated at infinity and beyond) but the bellhousing isn't removable, tailshaft is made for IRS, and it's an expensive tranny to butcher. :(
    The 265 fits the bill for having a live axle tail section, cheap to buy locally ($50-$150), and a wide array of clutches and PP's can be made to fit.

I hope I manage to keep it. :p

9. 90lxwhite

90lxwhite I'm kind of a She-Man

Was the fox in your region or elsewhere?

10. Gearbanger 101

Gearbanger 101 Straight Outta Locash
    Super Mod

Welcome to the site. Should be a fun project.

11. Shoomakan

Shoomakan Member

It's a Euro-spec Fox, as are most/all cars sold in the Middle East. KSA/UAE cars are the best ones to own; due to the high heat, they come with heavy duty cooling components. Doesn't make a difference to me as I'm doing a full teardown, but it's nice info to know.

Thanks, man. I know it will be. This is the first car I intend to fully work on myself. Hopefully that will keep me from selling it as soon as I'm done with it, as I've done with many cars in the past. I'm looking forward to the punishment!