Shop manual

HotFox

15 Year Member
Jan 5, 2009
SE Michigan
First thread...

Which is the best manual.

Just bought a 92LX street strip car out of Florida. Its carbureted. I would like to hook the factory tach, oil pressure, and temp gages back up.
The wiring under the hood is a little messy:shrug:

I was wondering what is the best shop manual that covers wiring. Haynes or Chilton or ?????

Thanks,
Scott

• Sponsors (?)

firstly, welcome. secondly, this is not tech. im sure the mods will move it over to talk.

i have the haynes manual, actually i have about 4 of them lol. no real complaints, they are useful when you need to know dumb stuff while your out in the shop. but if your looking to do anything big, expect to be back here on stangnet haha.

firstly, welcome. secondly, this is not tech. im sure the mods will move it over to talk.

i have the haynes manual, actually i have about 4 of them lol. no real complaints, they are useful when you need to know dumb stuff while your out in the shop. but if your looking to do anything big, expect to be back here on stangnet haha.

So what is the difference between tech and talk? I guess I missed that somewhere. LOL

Scott

When i first got my 93 it was a cobbled up carbed mess... I got the factory tach working by pulling the cluster, and from the back taking a test light connected to 12+ i started testing connection points behind the gauges. the tach was easy, just connected the tach directly to my (-) side of the coil. worked flawlessly (well... i had a 4cyl tach... read twice the RPM.. fixed that by installing a V8 tach). the gauges were a little more challenging. Ran 12v to one side of the sensor, and from the other side to the corresponding gauge. For voltage, i just ran 12+ to the signal side of the gauge.

it takes a little exparmentation, but it took me about an hour to make them work.