shopping around for motor work

i recently acquired through a trade a 347 stroker that has forged pistons and has been bored .40 over and has some other things done to it, but anyhow it needs rings. i thought i would see if anyone here knew what something like that would cost at a shop and also any suggestions of which one would be the most reasonably priced and if it would even be worth it. i would do it myself but it may take me a long time to get it completed because i have very little time to devote to it, but at the same time i realize i also may not have the money that it would probably cost to have that kind of work done. just looking for any suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

Black 93 Fox said:
Try somers machine shop in Vancouver they did all the machine work on my new 306 motor great work.

There are quite a few shops in the local Vancouver/Portland and surrounding areas that do motor work. I also had Archie do the motor last winter..He does pretty good work. They are in the phone book Somers machine...

btw, Andy, 306? Did I miss something? Did you blow the old motor? Give me the details kid....

saleenster said:
btw, Andy, 306? Did I miss something? Did you blow the old motor? Give me the details kid....

No I didnt blow it but came close. It started nocking last september one morning I started it up and it was nocking. I figure it was the oil pump going out so I tore it apart and replaced it with all new stuff. I have the same top end kit as Misha now all Trick Flow. Hide the wires in the engine bay also while it was out. Check out the link in my sig for pictures of it. Miss driving the saleen yet? :D

Black 93 Fox said:
No I didnt blow it but came close. It started nocking last september one morning I started it up and it was nocking. I figure it was the oil pump going out so I tore it apart and replaced it with all new stuff. I have the same top end kit as Misha now all Trick Flow. Hide the wires in the engine bay also while it was out. Check out the link in my sig for pictures of it. Miss driving the saleen yet? :D

Looks sharp! :nice: Oil pump or the oil pump drive shaft?