shorty headers vs. stock manifolds.

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't upgraded mine yet either.... dyno shows I flow good in the upper RPMs... :shrug:

Maybe I would flow better and gain some hp, maybe not... I still have stock heads so I'm not too worried about upgrading mine yet.

I've been wanting to switch to some BBK shorties since I have the rest of the exhuast upgraded already. I figure there has to be some restriction there but I know it wont really add a whole lot of HP on a basically stock car. But I'd rather have the exhaust system ready when I do a H/C/I swap or add a blower.

I have some shorty headers but I'm thinking I want to go with some long headers any ideas what would be better? Short or Long LOL :D Also if anyone wants to buy some BBK Shorty Unequal headers let me know, they have been opened but that's about it have all the parts too :D

On your typical stock/bolt on car shorty headers are a waste of money and are barely better than the stock manifolds. Stock manifolds are fine for stock/mild bolt on cars beleive it or not. When it comes time to upgrade, go longtube ;)

The stock headers are stainless steel - even though they do look like regular steel. I agree with Grn92LX - the stock headers are much better than most give credit for on a mild engine - up to ~250RWHP or so they will work just as well as a 1 5/8" header.