Should I buy this 86 Capri RS ???

2SteelHorses

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2002
Hey trying to get some advice about whether or not I should buy this 86 Mercury Capri RS White with grey trim, tan and grey interior, auto trany with 2500 stall, upper and lower hotchkis control arms. The car has some surface rust on the top of the roof and on the back deck lid the interior needs the dash pad replaced as most do and the drivers seat on the left side could be sewed up other than that this car is in great condition. The car comes with extra parts that the owner is throwing in from his other Capri… msd 6al box, blaster coil, t-5 transmission, clutch, Windsor heads, 302 heads, Eldebrock intake, carburetor, full exhaust system from hedmann, long tube headers. I talked to him yesterday on the phone and he said he would even give the the bottom end of a 331 in the other Capri. He is getting shipped out this summer over seas and is trying to get rid of as many things as possible.

• Sponsors (?)

I tell ya, I haven't seen a Capri on the road in my area in at least 5 years. They're becoming increasingly difficult to find. I would buy it and buy a parts car too. That way, you'll have all of the little Capri only pieces that you may need to keep it in good shape. Go over to www.foureyedpride.com and check out the Capri's over there. Remember, those cars were only made from '79-'86 and they're gaining a cult like following from the legions of fans that love them. Whatever you do, NEVER convert it over to the aeronose Mustang front end. You'll be crucified! Good luck if you buy it!

Ok this is my first attempt at posting a picture on this site. He's asking $3000 for the car.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 157
LOL, the car is about 1200 miles from me so I guess I will fly there and pic it up. There is some small surface rust on the top of the car and on the back hatch lid, but some sanding should fix that. If anyone can tell me how to embed the pictures in the post I would do that.