Should I buy this '93 LX with no motor for $1500?

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
The guy that I have been buying his parts from now decided he doesn't want to deal with the car anymore. He wants $1500 for it. It is a black on black '93 LX hatch about 150K miles. It needs a longblock and the ulpolstry is worn out in the front seats. It has a good T-5 and 4.10 gears, Chrome Cobra R's wheels, shifter, and maby a few other things. It's been hit in the front, it is fixed externally but the radiator support has been messed up and then hammered back.

Needless to say, it will need some work. As far as parts all it needs is a longblock. I was thinking if I got it fixed up I could sell it for at least $3800-4000. I was thinking of putting my longblock in it and getting a new shortblock with AFR heads, and by transferring the old but good engine to the Black '93 I could get away with no loss.

Should I buy it? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

whatttttt u poeple are nuts...go for it 90. maybe try and bring em down to like 11-1200.. it was a minor accident u said and teh radiator suuper is messed up or just bent a little?? can that be replaced or thats part of teh frame?

i dunno where u guys live but around here 2500 aint gonna buy u a mint interio'd, sweet running stang.
-just think if he bought it for 12...he could even sell the BLACK interior for like 700, the chrome cobra Rs for 4-500 and be even already....
-Minor accident, exterior is good (meaning fixed), nice interior, sweet rims for under 1500??? pretty decent steal in my book. and i say u are right on about what u can sell it for.
good luck

I would say that if it was a light hit and can be fixed so that its right and you you want a project to fix it and drive then go for it. If you just want to fix it and sell it I would say walk away. You will probably have more in it than you think and a 150k mile car thats been wrecked wont pull a premium price.