should i get a retune?

95mustang_gt

Mar 30, 2005
Wisconsin
last year i had my mustang dyno and tuned.I made 483 hp and 455 tq.I had issues with spark because I was running the stock ignition system.I was able to get some pulls by gaping the plugs to 18.Over the time I up grade to a msd digital 6 box,and fixed up some other issues.The car runs and pulls great but wondering if i should go for more.My tuner says there is still some power we can get but its going to run me 275 to get it retuned. Should i go back or put the money towards something else.

combo is
Here the info on the setup
3,000 mile 306 with twisted wedge heads
Holley Systemax 2 intake
Stock cam
Ford racing 1.6 rockers
trickflow valve covers with a breather on each side and no pcv
Accufab 70mm tb and spacer
Power adder
Vortech S-Trim with a 2.95 pulley pushing about 14lbs
Snow performance stage 2 kit with maf controller
60lbs injectors
Sct 2400 maf
Anderson 4” power pipe
Exhaust
BBk LTs
Bbk xpipe
Bassani mufflers
3.73s

thanks
jesse

• Sponsors (?)

from the list that you have, it seems like a real solid motor... but i would probably put that money towards maybe a cam since your still running stock which you make u more HP and assumingly put you over that 500 mark THEN after installing the cam i would go back for a tune... just my .02

Yeah I would get a retune. Look at it this way. I assume you will probably yield right around 500 rwhp after it and since that is about the cutoff point for the stock block you don't need to invest in anything else. Not to mention you will KNOW your tune is spot on, which is always a good feeling. :nice: