Should i get an 03cobra!!!

No Car Is Worth Getting Completely Financially Strapped. I Say Keep The Gt And Ad Mods As Extra Money Allows. That Way If Something Else Comes Up (house, Emergency, Another Hobbie, Exc..) There Would Be $ Availible. I Have Too Many Friends Who Cant Do Anything Else Because Of A Huge Car Payment. No Need To Add Stress To Your Life.

• Sponsors (?)

02INTERCEPTOR said:
No Car Is Worth Getting Completely Financially Strapped. I Say Keep The Gt And Ad Mods As Extra Money Allows. That Way If Something Else Comes Up (house, Emergency, Another Hobbie, Exc..) There Would Be $ Availible. I Have Too Many Friends Who Cant Do Anything Else Because Of A Huge Car Payment. No Need To Add Stress To Your Life.

hey you forgot the capitalize the "H" on house. :jester:

Red4.6mod2000 said:
Im not sure what too do im 22 and make pretty good money I currently own a 2000 GT and help out at a shop called Amazon Racing. They specialize in SVT performace mainly Lightnings and 03 Cobras. My question is should i get the Cobra which is alittle too expensive for me but possible too get or should i pay off the GT and go nuts on that. Im just facing the fact that this car could never compete with a lightning or cobra unless i where too throw in a 4v Superchaged motor with a Richard racing intake or something. Any adivice would be helpful. :flag:

Save your money and buy a house, or start saving and investing as much as you can while you're young for retirement! I'd love to have a Cobra too, but I couldn't justify paying almost twice as much as my GT for it, so I bought the GT and used the extra money for investing and savings :nice:

I like having things to install on my car. It always gives me something to do. I would just pay your car off and then mod it. It would be cool to have someone underestimate you and then have you blow their doors off.

It important to be conservative with your finances. A cobra would be a big drain on the pocket book. Also, you will be making payment for the next five years.

If you buy the cobra, in the next few years, ford will have a new product which will entice you to buy the next cobra/mach I. This is ford's goal....

I am cheap...I didn't even by a new GT, my GT is 3 years young.

Cobras are nice, don't get me wrong. But I have not lost to a new one at the track or on the street. I know I will be beat someday, but the look on their face like "WTF just happened" is priceless. Even the 99 and 01 cobras are fun to pull car lengths on. :nice: I have about 6K in mods in my car. Bought the car used for 17K, no tax plus 6K in performance mods= $23K total money spent. I was asking the same ? last month and the good people of stangnet talked me out of it. I just had to think about how much I would have lost, then pay a higher insurance rate and an extra 200 a month on top of the 300 I am paying for my GT.

I've been asking myself this same question for the last 6 months, but I have decided to accept the decision I made when I bought my GT.

It's amazing how many Cobra owners out there have financed for 72 months. You see a lot of them for sale. A lot of people can't afford them, and a lot of people are (supposedly) selling to buy a house. And it's also amazing how your perspective on things can change in 6 months or less....heck in 1 day.

I decided that I want to payoff my car - no car pmt. I refinanced at 2.99% and cut about 7 months of pmts off. Although my pmts actually went up, I'll save over 1K in interest in the long run. And don't forget about insurance on the Cobra.

I'm jealous that you work at Amazon. You're probably absorbing a lot of knowledge on the 03/04 Cobras there.

I say...do what I'm doing and pay off your GT. Good luck with your decision.