Should I get some offset rack bushings?

Ive been doing some research and it looks like yes because my car is lowered around 1 3/4 inches. I have the stock k member. Apparently having offset ones may fix the problem with my car pulling to the right when braking (which I thought was because of my rotors) Should I get some? If so anyone have some good links to get them?

• Sponsors (?)

How's your alignment?

Brakes could be an issue, but you might want to verify the alignment first along with even tire wear and tire pressure.

1 3/4" is a good bit of lowering, so offset bushings will probably serve you well. I use the bushings from MM that are solid and center cut as those work well for 1.5" drops or less.

Like said, check the simple things like tire pressure and tire wear side to side. Dont forget most roads are crowned for drainage so sometimes a slight drift to the right is normal depending on the road. Your best bet would be to find the flattest road possible and line her up and let go of the wheel and see where she goes. Ford spec is the distance between two telephone poles, if it goes straight that long then things are relatively normal. However if it only pulls when braking then that suggests a braking issue. If it pulls right then the problem if brake related is probably on the left side. A common problem is the rear brake caliper slides being seized which doesnt allow the piston to compress the pads into the rotor. Both my rear brake slides were frozen solid when I bought my car. Could also be on the front brakes too. Regardless an alignment is never a bad idea. Just make sure you suspension components are in good shape or else youll get phony alignment readings and / or never be able to get it in spec.

As I recall, you will not want non-solid offset rack bushings. MM has some info on their site about their thoughts on that.
If going with standard offset, poly bushings are a plug and play and a good bit firmer than stock. They take 15 mins to swap out.

I agree that there is probably some other issue at hand with the brakes pulling (if that's the only symptom of something being askew).

Ive been doing some research and it looks like yes because my car is lowered around 1 3/4 inches. I have the stock k member. Apparently having offset ones may fix the problem with my car pulling to the right when braking (which I thought was because of my rotors) Should I get some? If so anyone have some good links to get them?

I had the same problem a few months ago except mine was pulling to the left when braking. The brake rotors and pads were nearly new, and the wheel alignment was OK. The problem was worn steering rack bushings and replacing them cured it. If you car's lowered by more than 1-1/4", you need offset rack bushings.

this is from MM's website

"We don't recommend offset rack bushings for stock K-Members...

Offset steering rack bushings move the rack far too much on stock K-Members, and make an acceptible situation far worse than if you had done nothing at all."

I'm going to be purchasing their solid center drilled rack bushings, endlinks, caster/camber plates and get an alignment because i'm also experiencing some pulling and bumpsteer with my suspension setup.