Should I rebuild bottom end??

Should I rebuild Bottom End?

[Thanks for your reply Kevin. I received more positive replies than negatives with motors well over the 100,000 mark. I'll start tearing it down probably the end of this week. The compression was 125-130 --does this sound low to you. The car runs strong and does not burn oil. i can't believe this motor has a compression problem.
everyone seems to have done the H/I/C modification with high mileage stangs. What spark plugs did you use with these heads?
Thanks again
Ken

• Sponsors (?)

BLK3DGT said:
I'll start tearing it down probably the end of this week. The compression was 125-130 --does this sound low to you. The car runs strong and does not burn oil. i can't believe this motor has a compression

Those compression numbers are good; especially if they are reasonably close, you don't want to have 6 cylinders with 125 and 2 with 90.

BLK3DGT said:
I did a compression check this afternoon and all cylinders were at 125 lbs. I was planning on replacing the oil pump. I should be able to get to it without pulling the motor right?

Its good that the cylinders were the same.I don't know what is considered low.Before my rebuild my compression was 145-155.After the rebuild it was 170-180.Done a leakdown test yet?It is arguably more important than a compression test.