Should I remove my clutch pedal spring?

Cupid

Mar 30, 2006
I'm performing a tranny swap. (Keisler's T45R kit)

I chose the hyd throw out bearing. I'm wondering if I should remove the J-stop spring. The reason I ask is because my clutch pedal goes to the floor and stays there. Granted everything is not hooked up yet, but i'm wondering if the hyd t/o bearing spring is enough to return the pedal.

I've read where people have removed the spring, but I don't think any had the hyd t/o bearing.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Mcleod hyd. bearing and its definatly enough to raise the pedal. This is one of my favorite mods because my clutch pedal feels better than my mini coopers. A note of caution though, set it up correctly and seek help if needed as it can extend too far and then have to be resealed and adjusted. That is experience talking.

I have a Mcleod hyd. bearing and its definatly enough to raise the pedal. This is one of my favorite mods because my clutch pedal feels better than my mini coopers. A note of caution though, set it up correctly and seek help if needed as it can extend too far and then have to be resealed and adjusted. That is experience talking.

I made the mistake of not having a clutch stop and pushed in too far...blowing out my hydraulic bearing. So now need new orings. Time to take the darn trans out again!!!

Mike