Should I...

Crai-zy horse

Jan 7, 2004
Fairfax
I'm planning on overhauling my entire car basically over this summer with the help of some friends. I need to replace the cylinder heads as they are knocking something fierce. Now originally, I planned on replacing the heads with refurbished heads for around $600, $200 of which is core. I figured, while I had the entire thing apart, I might as well go for some upgrades and maybe get a cam or something along those lines. I gave myself a tentative budget of $1,000 for everything.

Out of curiosity one night, I decided I'd look into some polished and ported heads, rather than just refurbished stock ones, check the price difference. In my searching, I came across some nice packages that included heads.

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/PDF/SSM2005catalogrev1.pdf

Specifically, I was looking at the stage 2 1994-1998 set. Now my question to you is, do I break my budget and go ahead and get this or not, and if I do, what, if any, of the options should I get along with it. I'm just looking for some opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

FunkMasterFlex said:
does rpm give you performance valves and springs with their heads? supersix does and their head come fully assembled.

Yeah, they do. And they come fully assembled from RPM as well, on the ordering sheet, they give you options to choose from and it'll say whatever your options are. BTW you can al ways e-mail the guy, and he'll get you pretty much whatever you want!