Should I........?

Apr 16, 2003
Maryland
Should i just get a set of clear corners or get a whole new headlight set with them, here is how they look now. Is it just the corners they change in those kits?

100_6148.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I think it's just the corners, but I can't remember 100% for sure right off hand. Pull one of your inner turn signal bulbs out and if the bulb is yellow, then yeah, your inner lenses are clear. I can't quite remember right off hand for sure, though, even though I just had to fiddle around with those same bulbs only a week or so ago when we pulled the Aero nose off Lynn's Capri... :scratch:

Either way ... do it all as a set or leave it stock, IMO. I'd LOVE to score a set of those ultra-clear headlights and corners for my notch, but the only place I've found with the kind of headlights I like (not those hideous Euro-styled things that make it look like some kind of spider) are like $200 for the full set.

You could always score some 1-piece headlights from eBay for less than $100... :D

I would, actually I did, change all 6 pcs. Usually the stock lenses turn to a yellowish color, so the new corners look to good for the other four, know what I mean? I bought the 6pc smoked and I love them, get alot of compliments on them and I have a black 88 GT. This was years ago before the 1pc headlights or I would have bought those. The inner and outer bulbs are both amber already, if you needed to know. Just replaced mine with LED bulbs and they look really sharp, just a thought.

I would, actually I did, change all 6 pcs. Usually the stock lenses turn to a yellowish color, so the new corners look to good for the other four, know what I mean? I bought the 6pc smoked and I love them, get alot of compliments on them and I have a black 88 GT. This was years ago before the 1pc headlights or I would have bought those. The inner and outer bulbs are both amber already, if you needed to know. Just replaced mine with LED bulbs and they look really sharp, just a thought.

Y'know, I like the LOOKS of those smoked lenses and all, but it seems like they wouldn't be that good for actually allowing any adequate light output. I mean, I have a hard enough time seeing the road with my nasty yellowed-to-death stock lenses, but if you put on some lenses that are smoked, aren't they going to be just as dim as the yellowed-out stockers? :scratch:

I would suggest the 1-piece lenses, actually, but I have yet to find a set of those things that aren't completely hideous or, at the very least, pretty damned bizarre. Most of them either have some bizarre "focused beam" thing going on that looks goofy, or they've got these tacky LED "halo" things stuck in there somewhere that just look wee-todd-did. :ack:

Good point about the matching of the lenses, though. I hate it when I put on a new part and it just sticks out like sore thumb compared to all the other dusty, faded, scuffed-up stuff surrounding it ... although, fortunately, it's usually hidden underhood. :D

I cant see **** at night, I have the smoked headlights and my entire front window is tinted 35% and the sides are 5%:D I always make it home though, it is dangerous. I have no windshield wipers either, my choice. If my window wasnt tinted I would be OK. I have some pics of the lights on the car in my profile if your curious to see what they look like. I do get alot of compliments on them, but it is not my daily driver.

lights

i got the 1 piece and i like they way it looks but they changed the way they r made they have some ugly yellow things or other things in them. the light does not go in very good. it just has to hold them in for a 1/4 mile

005.jpg

I cant see **** at night, I have the smoked headlights and my entire front window is tinted 35% and the sides are 5%:D I always make it home though, it is dangerous. I have no windshield wipers either, my choice. If my window wasnt tinted I would be OK. I have some pics of the lights on the car in my profile if your curious to see what they look like. I do get alot of compliments on them, but it is not my daily driver.

Why would you tint your windshield and drive at night? What if you ran over someone's kid you would never forgive yourself that is pretty stupid.

I like those rims on the cobra they look a bit tunerish with the all the rivets

Damn, dude ... 35% on your windshield AND smoked headlights? Do you wear sunglasses when you drive at night, too? :eek:

Those 1-piece lights don't look bad, actually. But yeah, the designs I've been seeing lately aren't like the ones they had out awhile back like a year or so ago. The added LED thingies and the stupid "Euro" thing around the headlight makes it look like the bastard child of a Range Rover and a BMW. The more I think about it, the more I'm actually starting to be a little inclined to go for some 1-piecers, myself ... if only I could find some that don't suck. :shrug:

What was the hard part about installing the 1-piece lights? Are they adjustable at all so that you can aim them properly? ... or is it kinda like you can only bolt 'em in one way, and you've either gotta just hope for the best or get creative with some washers to aim them halfway right? :scratch:

I did it when I was 19 when I redid the whole car. I didnt intend to but the guy at the tint place talked me into it and gave me an awsome deal on it. He took me for a ride in his truck that had it tinted and could see fine during the day. I only drive the car a few weekends in the summer and just try not to drive at night, when I get stuck in it, I just be extremly careful around parking lots and whatever, so far so good. I would not ever do it again unless it was strictly a show car. It is nice during the day though because sun does not effect me at all. Never thought about running over a kid, but I would never be able to forgive myself. Surprisingly I've never had a problem with cops:nice:

Yes, it is illegal, so are the side windows, in Michigan anyways. You are only allowed to go like 4 inches down or something. I own seven vehicles and none of them are legal in one way or another. I dont drive the mustang much so I've never had problems. Only got pulled over once and that was before the tint. Cops have seen it and talked to me about the car, but they just compliment me on it, nothing is ever mentioned about the tint, exhaust, no wipers, smoked headlights & third breaklight, or anything else illegal. Lucky I guess, but I would never tint a daily driver like this, but I like the look of the car being completly blacked out with crome rims. The tint actually makes it easier to drive during the day, and that is mostly when I drive it, so with that said, it really is not as dangerous as everyone may think, it is hard to see at night though.:nice:

Yes, it is illegal, so are the side windows, in Michigan anyways. You are only allowed to go like 4 inches down or something. I own seven vehicles and none of them are legal in one way or another. I dont drive the mustang much so I've never had problems. Only got pulled over once and that was before the tint. Cops have seen it and talked to me about the car, but they just compliment me on it, nothing is ever mentioned about the tint, exhaust, no wipers, smoked headlights & third breaklight, or anything else illegal. Lucky I guess, but I would never tint a daily driver like this, but I like the look of the car being completly blacked out with crome rims. The tint actually makes it easier to drive during the day, and that is mostly when I drive it, so with that said, it really is not as dangerous as everyone may think, it is hard to see at night though.:nice:

:scratch:

i got the 1 piece and i like they way it looks but they changed the way they r made they have some ugly yellow things or other things in them. the light does not go in very good. it just has to hold them in for a 1/4 mile

005.jpg

Where did you find your 1 piece's at? All I can find in one piece is the black background. I want the chromes like yours. Good lookin car by the way!

FrankenStang, It is dangerous at night, but it is not as dangerous as you would think during the day, is what I mean by that. I actually like it better than no tint during the day, only because it leaves no glare from the sun and keeps the interior cool, temprature wise. I really do not like driving it at night because it is dangerous at night. If you guys ever get a chance to ride in a car with a tinted windshield, you will probably agree with me for day driving, but you will probably hate it at night.