show me your polished wheels

orange97

Jan 23, 2003
NC near Charlotte
what are the pros and cons of polished wheels. i know that they are lighter than chrome. If they are clear coated wont they be easier to stay clean? if they dont come clear coated is it possible to have a paint shop clear coat them??? SHOW ME PICS!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Polished wheels are much lighter than chrome because they are aluminum alloy. All OEM and some aftermarket (polished) wheels are clear coated.
The Pros of the polished, clear coated wheels are: Protection of the polished surface, low maintenance, you treat them the same as your car paint; wash with soap and water, buff, and wax.....wax as much as possible because they absolutly need that extra protection.
The Cons: They lack the high luster non-clear coated wheels can have, aggressive wheel cleaners such as "mag aluminum cleaners" will stain the finish permanently, forget about using them in the winter and salt will kill them fast. After years of use the finish will deterioate.

Non coated wheels:
Pros: when polished they look great, just like chrome. No finish damage to worry about such as fade, stains, and flaking of the clear.
Cons: They are very high maintence, they must be polished (major PIA) by hand all the time, on a daily driver at least every month to keep them looking good.

PM me about having them clear coated, that's a whole other issue.

hope this helps,
-Marcus from, Affordable Aluminum Wheel Repair, LLC.