shuld i swap to blower cams?

trikeffex

Apr 14, 2005
kentwood,La
should i swap to blower cams?

i currently am running comp cams xe270 cams in my blown 98gt.i am thinkin of making a swap to some blower cams but am unsure of which brand at the moment.do you guys think it would be worth the trouble to swap to blower cams or should i just leave the comp cams xe270's in the car?
thanks guys.
charles

• Sponsors (?)

trikeffex said:
i currently am running comp cams xe270 cams in my blown 98gt.i am thinkin of making a swap to some blower cams but am unsure of which brand at the moment.do you guys think it would be worth the trouble to swap to blower cams or should i just leave the comp cams xe270's in the car?
thanks guys.
charles

I would go to a blower grind personally. I was told my N/A VT Stage 2's would cost me power with my blower. Your 270's should be close to the same cam. I really like my Crower Stage 2 blower grinds even on my car when it was N/A. I'm taking the car to get dyno tuned tomorrow so we'll really see how I like em :D. What type of blower are you running?

your supposed to use a blower cam but i dont know how much of a hp difference it would actually make. having blower cams is costing me now but it should pay off in the end.

although i too like my blower grind even na now. not only that but its a stage 1 and i still make good rwhp and rwtq.

n/a cams are worse than the stock cams on a FI car. youd probably see an improvement just going back to stock, and a nice gain switching to FI cams like you need.

n/a cams are ground to allow for scavenging due to valve overlap. well now you have a blower which does that for you, but this scavenging is allowing some boost to make it straight out the cylinders during the scavenging.

yea i understand how the scavengeing works,i was just wandering if you guys thought it would be worth the trouble to swap out the 270's for a pair of blower cams.i've already put my 3" reichard racing ultra grip blower pulley on and an alky injection kit is being put on the car as we speak.i'm thinking of either doing an intake manifold next or maybe a set of p&p heads.
you can never beat me spike so just face the facts....lol.....jp
charles

if you compare the specs on your comp 270's you will see they are more similar to some of the other leading 4.6 cam co's blower cams then NA versions. Now if your looking to squeeze every last HP out then go with a custom blower cam made for you...otherwise your 270's will work great.

trikeffex said:
yea i understand how the scavengeing works,i was just wandering if you guys thought it would be worth the trouble to swap out the 270's for a pair of blower cams.i've already put my 3" reichard racing ultra grip blower pulley on and an alky injection kit is being put on the car as we speak.i'm thinking of either doing an intake manifold next or maybe a set of p&p heads.
you can never beat me spike so just face the facts....lol.....jp
charles

your always a step ahead :p ... but hey at least we are faster that ramprat :rlaugh:

COramprat said:
O1Steeda and trikeffx are both gay...

So you keeping the blower Charles?
yea i'm keeping the blower rick.i would have had to come out of pocket a good bit to swap to a turbo setup,and + i wouldn't really be home enough to enjoy it.
so i said to hell with it and put my smaller blower pulley on and got stephen to get my alky injection kit.
i should be flirting with the 11.5 range when i get the car back,but no rollcage for me.i'm about to redo my stereo system and do a few cosmetic changes to the car.
hit me up when ya get a chance man!
charles

01Steeda said:
your always a step ahead :p ... but hey at least we are faster that ramprat :rlaugh:
who is ramprat:shrug:
ohh thats right.....thats the white mustang thats always behind me.i could have swore that was a chevy behind me.later i found out it wasn't a chevy.that was when i asked everyone at sonic what year model camaro that was that i just smoked and they told me it was rick:lol:
lol.....jp
charles