*Sigh* Yet Another Sound... In Dash?

Caldwell

Apr 27, 2004
Ontario Canada
Okay, this one lost me...
This sound resembles my blinker
you know the 1st click your blinker makes when you have it on?
It does that quite rapidly...
then slowly goes away.
It sounds like it's coming from my dash? :shrug: I Think!!

:fuss:

suggestions?
I really don't know where to go with this one.
It's not my radio.
that much i do know.

• Sponsors (?)

Possibly the odometer gear.....Mine was making a similar sound for about a month, usually at 70mph or more, sound kinda comes and goes rapidly? Like a ttttddddtt....tttttddddtt? Does that several times quits for a bit, then it comes back?

Sounds gone, but now neither the odo or trip odo work.:shrug:

Hm, i'm not entirely sure
this sound will actually happen at idle, driving
it doesn't matter.

usually most common when i first start the car up.

it's like a rapid ticking sound, but like a blinker ticking, not a mechanical ticking.
usually what i do is i wait until the car warms up, and by then the car stops ticking.

I really think it might be like the blinker relay?
but again, not sure on it.

My cars got so many groans creaks rattles and squeeks that I just turn the raido up louder. Id spend the next yr trying to track them all down. Just the down side of modding, things get louder and more sound deading material is lost.

funny that you mention it caldwell, my parets' 99 intrepid has the same problem, it sounds just like a blinker, and USUALLY happens at cold startup... it could be completely unrelated...but the dealership said it was something that controlled the fuel pump and was harmless...wow, i cant remember exactly what it was, and for all i know, we dont even have anyhting that electronically controls the fuel pump up in the dash of our cars... besides that you got me stumped...

my blinker does this sometimes when i try to turn it on to turn left...makes a really fast clicking noise,but the blinker doesn't light up....i turn it off then back on and then it works normally....only happens some times though...don't know ir its the same noise your describing but it sounds like it..

droptopford 5 0 said:
funny that you mention it caldwell, my parets' 99 intrepid has the same problem, it sounds just like a blinker, and USUALLY happens at cold startup... it could be completely unrelated...but the dealership said it was something that controlled the fuel pump and was harmless...wow, i cant remember exactly what it was, and for all i know, we dont even have anyhting that electronically controls the fuel pump up in the dash of our cars... besides that you got me stumped...

:scratch: they told your folks it was the fuel pump!? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
I dunno, I've heard a few fuel pumps go in my time, and this sounds absolutely nothing like that. When I find out, i'll let you know, hopefully it's the same problem they're having. They still have that problem?
Mind does it on cold start ups too.

donjohn said:
fuel pump relay to ignition?

that's what i was thinking after he said fuel pump.
it's possible. :shrug:

chrisilversvt said:
my blinker does this sometimes when i try to turn it on to turn left...makes a really fast clicking noise,but the blinker doesn't light up....i turn it off then back on and then it works normally....only happens some times though...don't know ir its the same noise your describing but it sounds like it..

see that's why i was wondering if my blinker was starting to go
because now every so often it starts blinking really fast...
or if I click it to turn right, both will go :confused:
that NEVER happened before.