silent shackles?

I'd like to get rid of the squeaking noise from my rear shackles.

I recently upgraded my rear leafs to the Maier Racing 165 springs and Bilstein shocks, but reused my 7yr old rubber grommets. the rubber seemed to be in good condition, and i was hoping that just a thick coat of synthetic grease would prevent any stick-friction.

at the moment, i see three options:
1) get new rubber grommets: cheap, but might squeak the same as my current grommets
2) poly: seems to be MORE notorious for squeaking and requiring lube every few months
3) Del-a-lum: claims to be quiet, but these wont be as forgiving. Maier recommended rubber to keep the rear eye loose in cornering...but he also wants to sell panhard bars.

im not worried about spending $180 for the del-a-lums if thats the best setup. so far they seem like the right solution. just not sure if its a good idea to restrict the spring movement to one plane.

• Sponsors (?)

I have never heard a squeak from a stock rubber grommet shackle. Maybe the metal parts are the problem.

9916_280_210_l_n.jpg

I have always used the stock rubber ones with a bit of lithium grease on the metal to metal contact areas. One car had the poly ones and they were so bad I replaced them with rubber. The ride was smoother also.