silly inner fender question

foghorn67

I'll save you the time and choke myself
Founding Member
Jan 10, 2002
Orange County, CA
I need to replace the inner fender piece behind the shock tower on the drivers side. It's causing my hood hinge to bend in all sorts of directions.
I swore it's an involved process to take off the outer fender to get to this. Which means unbolting it from the radiator support, and taking apart the headlight buckets, doors and bezels.
Or is it easier than I thought?
btw-it's a 67 coupe.
and another btw-powermaster starters are friggin awesome. Finally got a chance to start the Mustang after a few months of it sitting there.

• Sponsors (?)

I need to replace the inner fender piece behind the shock tower on the drivers side. It's causing my hood hinge to bend in all sorts of directions.
I swore it's an involved process to take off the outer fender to get to this. Which means unbolting it from the radiator support, and taking apart the headlight buckets, doors and bezels.
Or is it easier than I thought?
btw-it's a 67 coupe.
and another btw-powermaster starters are friggin awesome. Finally got a chance to start the Mustang after a few months of it sitting there.

:worthlesb

But if I had to guess It sounds like you are talking about a piece of sheetmetal that will need to have the spot welds drilled out and then replace the inner fender that the hinge mounts to. Can't you just "tweak" it a little? You know a hammer goes a long way in these situations.:D Especially when there isn't anything else wrong with that particular piece of sheetmetal. Could it possibly be your hinge that is causing your problem? Do the easy stuff first before you do something that you'll end up regreting.:rolleyes:

:worthlesb

But if I had to guess It sounds like you are talking about a piece of sheetmetal that will need to have the spot welds drilled out and then replace the inner fender that the hinge mounts to. Can't you just "tweak" it a little? You know a hammer goes a long way in these situations.:D Especially when there isn't anything else wrong with that particular piece of sheetmetal. Could it possibly be your hinge that is causing your problem? Do the easy stuff first before you do something that you'll end up regreting.:rolleyes:
It has gone through multiple hinges due to that sheetmetal cracking.
I think I am going to re-infornce it with a steel plate on the other side of the sheetmetal. I really don't want to spot weld anything at the moment.

Sorry Mr. Leghorn... I can't find my 67 shop manual.... I went to the garage just now to look it up and I can't find my book. I have a sneeking suspision that it is at my friends house open to a page related to a 67 Cougar. Maybe someone else will answer before I get my book back.