Silverstar Testimonial

• Sponsors (?)

I bought some. I have to say I am dissapointed in them....

Ok they are brighter in the front area of the car, but they lack the reach that the stockers seem to have. I bought the silverstars because everyone says they are really good....

I should have stuck with my PIAAs. I had several sets in my other cars and they rocked.

I am dissappointed in the Silverstars and am thinking of just reinstalling my stock ones.

My 2cents.....do what you will....

I danced around this topic quite a bit with the guys on F150online when I had my truck. I put one Silverstar in with a stock bulb, and could hardly tell the difference. Needless to say I made AutoZone take them back. Wasn't worth nearly $40 for a very slight improvement.

I have since started using a high wattage bulb with a heavy duty harness running directly off the battery. I have this setup on my Stang (moved over from my F150) now, my 300ZX and my GF's Civic. Much brighter whiter light, and no problems with night driving... It's not HID, but to me it's much better than stock or Silverstars...

The Silverstars only give the appearance of HID like mentioned already. The 99 and up fog lights are #899 which Silverstar do not make. So we use the 880 or the 893. I have seen more go with the 893 for whatever reason. Same wattage as stock fog light.

The 9007ss are the replacement like mentioned for the headlights.

Here is a closeup before and after of the left original 9007 lightbulb and the right 9007 Silverstar lightbulb.(taken mid afternoon cloudy raining day)

I like the white appearance that they give off but hey, only if I point the car in a mirror or glass do I get to see that.:) Peace.

Attachments

• Pic0011.jpg
    Pic0011.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 100
  • Pic0010.jpg
    Pic0010.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 118
mcmmotorsports said:
Fog Light Mod: Cut one terminal off of the Fog Light Relay which keeps the fogs on when your high beams are on.
Pic:

relay.jpg

Please don't make this into the whole..."Is this legal thread" either.

Go here for that:
http://eleanor.pro3i.com/showthread.php?t=525635&highlight=fog+light+mod

Have you had any issues with the configuration?? I am still under warranty, so I guess I should have no worries. Just bought Silverstar 9007's and will soon find replacement fogs too.

AcE XBOX said:
Would it work wit ha 96 GT?

Instead of cutting the spade, try bending it to the side, for two reasons:

1. YOu could take off the wrong one, totally disable your fogs and have to buy a new relay

2. You can go back to the stock config, for mult-state legality.

Cheers! :cheers:

Headlights are like tires when asking for recommendations for the following reasons:

-everyone likes the type THEY bought
-there is not that much difference between the models with comparable price
-a lot of people who DO NOT EVEN OWN THE PRODUCT will chime in
-no general consensus is ever reached
-most opinions are subjective and not based on hard facts of any type

So, do lots of research and then make a decision. Do not base it on an internet poster's opinion but on as many opinions as possible.

And oh, btw... Get the Silverstars unless you can afford PIAA. I have them and they rock.

Kilgore Trout said:
Headlights are like tires when asking for recommendations for the following reasons:

-everyone likes the type THEY bought
-there is not that much difference between the models with comparable price
-a lot of people who DO NOT EVEN OWN THE PRODUCT will chime in
-no general consensus is ever reached
-most opinions are subjective and not based on hard facts of any type

So, do lots of research and then make a decision. Do not base it on an internet poster's opinion but on as many opinions as possible.

And oh, btw... Get the Silverstars unless you can afford PIAA. I have them and they rock.
my friend had 9007 PIAA's, they broke 2x but luckily he had them replaced for free both times. however, the 3rd time it broke he got Silverstars for 1/2 the price and he thought they were brighter.

:)

I've had my 9007 Silverstars for 2+ years.

JonJon said:
Clear fog housings are so much nicer looking. Stock ones are foggy like milk.

What I didn't like about the stockers is that the headlights are the "euro" clear lenses, but the fogs had "old school" lenses with the lines. The clear fogs look so much better(yea, so I'm anal) and I think you get better lighting from the clear lenses. I've got Silverstar headlights with Silverstar 3157 marker lights. I went thru 2 pair of Silverstar fogs in about 1.5 months, so I tried Wagner's version from NAPA and I really can't tell a difference between them and the Sylvanias. Oh, and I've been running them since January with no problems. :nice: