simple gear question....

• Sponsors (?)

Hi guys, thanks for the info. I'm probably going to buy the speed calibrator.
Today I ordered Ford Motorsport 3:73 gears and the Anderson Ford Motorsport Powerpipe for the supercharger. Those two items should make a difference in the acceleration.
To answer the question about how my car was tuned...
The car was never dyno-tuned. I know that most of you flip out after hearing things like that, but, hear me out...
This Dyno-Tuned thing has been brainwashed into too many of you...
I bought the complete polished V2 from superchargersonline.com, It came with the blower, larger injectors, in-tank fuel pump (which was the hardest part of the install), and a box. The box was to ship your cars computer via Fed-Ex to Vortech, who would then burn you a chip based on your current mods to make it all work.
Now, I realize that the chip is not the most optimal piece in the world. It is not custom. I have a boost gauge and air/fuel ratio gauge mounted on my A-Pillar. The chip they give you is a super safe tune. The car runs very rich so that there is no leaning out and exploding of the engine.
I realize that I'm not making the most horsepower with that chip, but I can tell you these facts...
My car is a basic stock 4.6 engine. I bought the car new as a 2001 model. I put 11,000 miles on the car before I added the supercharger. It is now the year 2007, and I have 38,000 miles on it. I havent' blown the engine or tranny yet.
And, with that Vortech chip, I have never lost to an Ls1 camaro. Even the first generation Z06 which claimed 385hp. It was hard, but I slowly walked away from him once we passed about 70mph. to 120mph. ( The look on his face was priceless).
I know that a good dyno tune would do wonders, if that shop really knows what they are doing.
The problem is that almost every supercharged Mustang that I hear about blowing up on this site, had a custom dyno tune. I think these custom tune deals are sketchy. They will imporve your power, however, they take your limits to the ragged -edege. I think they string it out to the max which would be cool if we had forged internals. But, we don't.
The main point here is this...
If you own a 1999 -2004 GT, and you are on a budget about buying a supercharger, my advice is simple...
Buy the Vortech,( which incluedes all parts unlike the Pro Charger) take the stock tune they give you, and beat the crap out of every mildly modded ls1 and 2005+ GT like I am. It's a lot of fun, especially when your car is paid off or closer to it than theirs.

Hi guys, thanks for the info. I'm probably going to buy the speed calibrator.
Today I ordered Ford Motorsport 3:73 gears and the Anderson Ford Motorsport Powerpipe for the supercharger. Those two items should make a difference in the acceleration.
To answer the question about how my car was tuned...
The car was never dyno-tuned. I know that most of you flip out after hearing things like that, but, hear me out...
This Dyno-Tuned thing has been brainwashed into too many of you...
I bought the complete polished V2 from superchargersonline.com, It came with the blower, larger injectors, in-tank fuel pump (which was the hardest part of the install), and a box. The box was to ship your cars computer via Fed-Ex to Vortech, who would then burn you a chip based on your current mods to make it all work.
Now, I realize that the chip is not the most optimal piece in the world. It is not custom. I have a boost gauge and air/fuel ratio gauge mounted on my A-Pillar. The chip they give you is a super safe tune. The car runs very rich so that there is no leaning out and exploding of the engine.
I realize that I'm not making the most horsepower with that chip, but I can tell you these facts...
My car is a basic stock 4.6 engine. I bought the car new as a 2001 model. I put 11,000 miles on the car before I added the supercharger. It is now the year 2007, and I have 38,000 miles on it. I havent' blown the engine or tranny yet.
And, with that Vortech chip, I have never lost to an Ls1 camaro. Even the first generation Z06 which claimed 385hp. It was hard, but I slowly walked away from him once we passed about 70mph. to 120mph. ( The look on his face was priceless).
I know that a good dyno tune would do wonders, if that shop really knows what they are doing.
The problem is that almost every supercharged Mustang that I hear about blowing up on this site, had a custom dyno tune. I think these custom tune deals are sketchy. They will imporve your power, however, they take your limits to the ragged -edege. I think they string it out to the max which would be cool if we had forged internals. But, we don't.
The main point here is this...
If you own a 1999 -2004 GT, and you are on a budget about buying a supercharger, my advice is simple...
Buy the Vortech,( which incluedes all parts unlike the Pro Charger) take the stock tune they give you, and beat the crap out of every mildly modded ls1 and 2005+ GT like I am. It's a lot of fun, especially when your car is paid off or closer to it than theirs.

Too much to read. I just got up:p

I agree with your (albeit long) post two wheel. The cheapest way to get your speedo corrected is to have your current chip modified. Call a local dealer (Diablo or SCT) and see what they'd charge...A local Diablo dealer did my wife's for free.