Since everyone is buying parts...Merry Christmas to me too!

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
LOL well it all started when my dad drove my car the other day. *No this is not a lasersvt thread....so don't worry :D*

He just basically moved it....and he is all HOW THE HECK DO YOU DRIVE THIS THING!?!?!?!?! So im thinking :shrug: .
He couldn't get it into reverse and had a really hard time getting it into 1st gear lol...my clutch pedal is SUPER heavy (its WAY harder to push than a stock cobra...something isn't right) and engages right off the floor and he moved the seat back some...sooo. He goes on saying man that's crazy...I wouldn't wish that on anyone! and stuff like that :rlaugh: . Then it gets interesting....since you all know me....he says "You need to fix that!".

I do? :scratch: Oh!!! yes I sure do! :banana:

So now 2 days later...

26 spline Spec stag 3 clutch kit (10 spline pictured obviously)
View attachment 282869

Liberty Gear 26 spline input shaft w/ shim kit (I don't know of anyone who has been able to brake one of these yet)
View attachment 282871

Steeda quick ramp quadrant (vs double hook I have now)
View attachment 282873

Ford HD TOB
M-7548-A_MED.jpg

Should be called about this tomorrow. FORD clutch cable..using adjustable one now and it SUCKS. Big part of my problem.
yhst-30689666142960_2032_6622803.jpg

And a Billetflow Idler for good measure ha...one of my stockers is squeaking :D Only need one more now and ill have a full set :nice:
BF-92IDLERPULLEY_MED.jpg

So to explain my issue a bit more....my pedal is tight at the very top, but it takes pushing hard (the whole way down) until it finally disengages right near the bottom.
I have an adjustable cable (stock cable broke from rubbing a bolt..once I installed the aftermarket one my hard clutch got A LOT harder and took further to push) and a firewall adjuster...plus the above mentioned double hook aluminum clutch quadrant....so its ALL aftermarket...not the stock, even crappier stuff :)

Anyways, thank God for a merry Christmas to me :D This is the same setup I had in my 04 TT GT (minus TOUGH 26 spline stuff) and I loved it.

Oh and did I mention my other self given Christmas present???

I will be paying my cobra off before the end of the month!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Woot woot! New parts FTMFW!! :rock:

Im gonna have to look at one of thoes quick Steeda quadrents. I have the Steeda (old school one) and with my DFX and stock cable my FWA is still all the way out. My clutch is pretty easy to push... easier then my buddies Fidanza on his GT :shrug:

my brother has the same poblome in his 04, lets just say you can leave the car on with the doors unlocked and no one will be able to steel it becuase its freaking imposibule to get it in to reverse