single carbon fiber interior pieces

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by 54life, Aug 17, 2003.

1. 54life

54life New Member

I am looking for single carbon fiber interior pieces...do you know where I can find this? Like right now I am looking for a carbon fiber speedo piece. Let me know....thanks
  2. Cue-Ball

Cue-Ball New Member

The only REAL carbon fiber pieces i've ever seen for a Mustang are one-off custom pieces. If you really want carbon fiber, you'll probably have to make it yourself.
  3. cyberbubba

cyberbubba New Member

Which is really, really hard.
  4. 54life

54life New Member

it doesn't have to be completely

it doesn't have to be completely made of carbon fiber just have a layer of real high gloss carbon fiber....I know cdc has a complete kit but I don't want all of it and it costs 400
  5. alanw6

alanw6 Member

If you are pretty handy, there is a much easier way to get these carbon fiber pieces for your car.

A company in FL called www.selectproducts.com is one I've dealt with for a lot of years. Check out their website for some nice carbon fiber products. You can go anywhere from the real thing to premade sheets you can cut/modify for your needs. Some of the pre-fab sheets might work for you.

Hope this helps,

Alan
  6. Nitrous N20

Nitrous N20 New Member

My father now owns a company that might be able to do some interesting things for your interior panels. Its meant for aircraft interiors but would work on anything. They actually dip your pieces (whatever they might be) into a chemical and then caot them with a photographic film that looks exactly like whatever you want. How would you like it if all of your interior looked like carbon fibre?
  7. N.L. Koncepts

N.L. Koncepts Founding Member

:rolleyes: If you want real carbon fiber interior pieces check out pfracing.com (Paper Flames Racing) or speedworx.com under paper flames. Compare the prices on each item cause some stuff is cheaper between the two sites. Don't settle for immitation crapola. The real CF looks better. :nice:
  8. SVTdriver

SVTdriver Founding Member

Sorry to disagree. But I've been getting in to building CF pieces for about 6 months. It's really very close to working with fiberglass. I have been debating building and selling CF pieces for mustangs. But don't know if the demand is there. Paper flames is WAYY too spendy. I believe due to lack of competition. They are however one of the very few places that make CF parts for mustangs.
  9. David R

David R New Member

Here ya go!
    CF stuff

It's $$$ though...