Size (diameter) of S/C = aftermarket cowl hood?

Anyone know when it's necessary to get an aftermarket cowl hood in order to accomodate a supercharger. I know the Procharger D-1SC and F-1 will fit (9" diameter) under the stock hood, but wondering if the F-1R will at 9.75".
No biggie because I might end up getting another hood anyway, but just curious.

• Sponsors (?)

SmithAtlanta said:
The only F1 I've seen(on a non race car) was on a Cobra and it had the stock hood...

I also know of one GT in an old issue of MM&FF running the F1 with stock hood. Like I said before, I know I'll be getting a new hood anyway.... but when is the question. Don't want that to dictate which blower I go with. At this point, I'm leaning towards "just" the F-1. :D

Atlanta_GTer said:
I also know of one GT in an old issue of MM&FF running the F1 with stock hood. Like I said before, I know I'll be getting a new hood anyway.... but when is the question. Don't want that to dictate which blower I go with. At this point, I'm leaning towards "just" the F-1. :D
"Just the F1" is all you need. :) Man your car is going to be scary... That Cobra was putting out 700hp and I think your heads flow better than his.

micool said:
:eek: Jared! OMG! I believe Jimmy V had the stock hood with his F1. Don't get the F blower though..................I heard cars that use them are slower than T Trim cars. :rlaugh: I smell a turbo. :D

Yep, Jimmy V did have the stock hood with the F-1. I went back to one of my old MMFF mags with his car featured to check things out. I think the F-1 is what I'll end up going with. Slightly larger than the D-1, so there will be more than enough room to grow. :nice: