Skinny rim/tire combo for front. HELP!

408stroker5.0

The world would be a better place if all males jus
Mar 10, 2004
Bonnyville, Alberta, CANADA
Well I finnaly got a set of weld draglites mounted on the rear of my car with M/T drag radials....Now I need to complete the look with a set of 15" draglites on the front as well. What is a good size/backspacing to run on the front? (I have converted to 5 lug) I'd like to go for the skinny look... this isnt my primary rim/tire combo for the street but I will hit the street with this draglite setup as well so I dont want overly skinny to the point were handling and braking is horrible. Suggestions and pics would be very helpful...also share your combo as well if possible.
THANX!:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Get the 15x3.5 with 1.75" backspacing. For tires you can run 165R-15's from Pep Boys at like $30 a tire.

Now..... what size M/T Drag Radials are you running because this was my question over in Talk? I am in the same boat but for the Rear's:nice:
Also list your mods and rear end gears. I do not have enough gear to run a tall tire (3:55's)

Thanx for the info.....Im running a 275/50R15(26x11.50) M/T Drag radial in the back with a Weld Draglite 15x8/5.5 backspacing. It fits and looks great...it is tight but it fits. If you currently have quad shocks you'll have to remove them.

Hmmmm do you know what would be the equivalent of a 26x8 M/T Slick for a D/R? I think your size might be too wide for me?

**Edit** nevermind I found out on there website

I ran Weld Drag Lites 15 x 3.5 for a few years on the street. Never had any problems with braking or steering. Tire sizes are Metric Radial165 R15 86S. Had one slight bump on the sidewall when I ran into a large/deep pothole coming back from the NMRA event in Bowling Green. However no problems with the tire.

However, I don't run them in big cities where continuous braking and swerving is daily commute.

This month's 5.0 magazine has a Fox stang with a Weld biggie/skinnie setup. Front's are 15 x 5/BFG 190-60-15's. See "Street/Strip '90LX June 2007.