skunk21's project thread

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by skunk21, Nov 8, 2009.

1. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

My '91 is going to be getting a exterior resto this winter along with some other minor stuff so I wanted share the journey with everyone. I should have started one along time ago since I have done alot to it since the purchase 3yrs ago but I'll update that in here also.

I'll start with pics of what the car looked like 3yrs ago when I got it and then build from there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is how it sits now bfore the refreshen..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The drivers side is the worst of it. I picked up another mint rust free door from Josh & a rocker skirt from him also this one is cracked on the bottom.

2. Shaolin Crane

Shaolin Crane Banned

dude awesome avatar "those guys are ***s" :D

3. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

pics of some of the new parts I have stock piled for the project..

[​IMG]
    brand new oem covers from PPI,

[​IMG]
    brand new oem rear GT wing, mine has tons of little cracks all over the place so I hunted this down.

[​IMG]
    replacing has much trim as possible. new oem cowl vent cover, drip rails,upper door mouldings and lower windshield mouldings. The other front and rear window mouldings are mint so I got oem match trim paint for them.

[​IMG]
    All new oem headlights/seals to replace the faded out stock ones, thought about ultra's but decided to go with oem stock got them from PPI.

[​IMG]
    new oem emblems and seals from PPI. window run, door jamb and hatch

[​IMG]
    power door lock motor kit, oem plate bracket and misc stuff.

[​IMG]
    replacement drives door I got from Josh.

[​IMG]
    believe it or not this is the most expensive thing I bought for this project sofar :eek:...but I couldn't go for the repos I had to get the carlites nothing like the real thing. My stockers are mucho shot, beyond sanding. one area is like paper thin. once it all painted I think it's really going to look good with new quater glass :nice:

so there is a look at my stash that I have sofar :D. I'm going to start stripping some of the car down to get it ready to go to the shop and also to save on labor some. I'll update some more later.

4. 1991notchbackLX

1991notchbackLX Active Member

Wow man, I'm subscribing to this one! You weren't kidding when you said restoration! Nice pile of parts going on a nice car, keep us updated!

Chris

5. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

Thanks man, yeah it's costing me alot but I want to do it right. The car is really nice and rust free just needs alot of little things + paint and she deserves it. The last big plans after this will be a motor for it, nothing crazy but something good for the street like a .30 over with new internals, a set of Brodix 5.0 heads or AFR's, anderson cam or custom, holley systemax intake, long tubes + all the other supporting stuff and a tune.

I could make a huge list of what has been done sofar but in short..

The whole fuel system, lines, tank, sendor, pump, injectors etc. replaced.

suspension..struts, shocks, quads, rear upper arms, lower arms mms, front lower arms FRPP, tie rods inner/outer, caster/camber plates mms, mms bracing all over, bullitt springs everything replaced.

rearend gutted and rebuilt, gears, termi diff, 31 axles, girdle, bearings & seals.

New super high alloy T5 from astro perf., king cobra clutch, mms quad, oem cable, FRPP aluminum DS.

Full custom exhaust done by my friend with flows & JBA headers

motor mods see above but going by what you just read I replaced just about everything under the hood you could imagine :D. I know I'm forgetting some more stuff but everyone gets the idea but that is the update on all that was done to it up until now.

6. bentley429isBAC

bentley429isBAC Well-Known Member

Looking good its deff going to be a sweet ride when it's done. I'll be watching this one for sure.

7. 50foxbody

50foxbody Member

wow i bet your happy seeing those box's in the corner every time you step in your garage this project is gonne be fun to watch enjoy :nice:

8. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

Thanks Josh, and thanks again for the great deals on the drivers door and side skirt. saved me alot of trouble :nice:

9. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt"
    SN Certified Technician Founding Member

Nice pile of parts so far! I love the windows..i need a set. :)

10. tannerc91gt

tannerc91gt More durable than coconuts and twice as fast

I didn't think you could get the glass with "mustang" in it, that's cool.
    This is definitly what I like to see, most guys try to go all out with a motor or just do random mods but it's cool to see someone restoring one back to factory new. Good luck

11. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

Thanks Mike. I love the windows also almost don't want to put them in and hang them on a wall :D

tannerc91gt you can still get them used. Brand new carlites are getting harder to find and they cost about $700. LRS and PPI have some, when I was talking with Jim at PPI he said the carlite released some to the market that they had stuffed in a warehouse. He and LRS bought them reintroducing them to the market and dropping the price, once it thins out again they will head back up to the $900+ mark where they once where at. I had to pull the trigger like I stated earlier, mine are bad and the repos just don't do it for me. gotta pay for the good stuff :D.

12. tannerc91gt

tannerc91gt More durable than coconuts and twice as fast

Didn't think you could get the quarter glass with "mustang" in them as a reproduction***

13. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

LOL. okay now I got it. No you can't that is the suck part and where they fall short. I haven't seen a set up close to check out the quality otherwise but that is a downer since the price isn't bad for them.

14. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt"
    SN Certified Technician Founding Member

I saw some of the repo blank windows...just didn't look right

15. hsean

hsean Member

subscribing nice to see a car being done right you have alot of the parts that i need for my car

16. Shaolin Crane

Shaolin Crane Banned

there are NOS quarter windows on ebay for like 900 IIRC

17. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

part of the resto was some interior bits as well. I got all new OEM ford switches for the windows, locks + mirrors. The stock ones are pretty worn and the symbols are worn off as well ( yep I'm that anal :D). I also got new switch panels and door handle bezels, etc that will go on later.

Took advantage of the warm weather we have been having so I worked on the car again yesterday.

[​IMG]

I threw on the new switches just to see what they are going to look like before stripping the doors. They look sweet vs the old worn ones :nice:. I'm either going to rework these panels or get new ones haven't decided on that yet.

[​IMG]

stripped most of the interior out so I can get to the quarter windows + needed the trim out to do all the door seals. tossed in the old drivers seat for it's time at the body shop. I got mustang parts all over the freaken place ...the wife really loves me now :D

18. rednotch88

rednotch88 Member

[​IMG]

our switches have arrows on them....:eek:

19. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

:lol: now I'll know which direction the windows move :D. Nothing new to report either, waiting on a couple of more parts to come and I'm hoping the car is leaving for the shop by next week. My buddy still had a couple of projects to kick out of his shop so I'm a waiting :(

20. undercnstrction

undercnstrction New Member

nice build! looks like you have plenty to keep you busy.