skunk21's project thread

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by skunk21, Nov 8, 2009.

1. matador91

matador91 Member

Nothing wrong with being anal. I gotta say I love the new quarter glass and your car is goin to look so good when your done. :nice:

2. 89stang1

89stang1 Stroked and Juiced

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Final results are gonna be GREAT! way to go on quaters worth every penny door and hatch seals:nice: nothing like the feel of a new ride! Good Luck!:nice:

3. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

Thanks for the remarks guys.

4. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

My buddy came to pick the car up today. She got the taxi treatment due the sandy/salty roads up here from the snow.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

so it's finally there and this project can get underway. I'll post an update when one comes but it's going to be a slow winter project. They are going to start striping it down it the next few days so I'll be checking in then.

5. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

Stopped by the shop the other day and they started to take stuff off the car. I'm reall happy with what I see, only surface rust under the ground effects, hatch where the rear wing sat, and rear panel :rock:. I was a little nervous because you never know what is under the stuff you can't see but thank god no major rust! Rich also got the mouldings off around the windshield and hatch glass and all is good in there also, over all she is in really great shape and a solid car :nice:. The progress is slow but they are doing it around other stuff like mentioned.

here are some pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hsean

hsean Member

that is a really clean car

7. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

scored a brand new oem leather wrapped steering wheel still in the wrapper from PPI. I thought about getting mine recovered but picked this one up for just under the recover price. I almost don't want to pull the wrapper off, brand new wheels are hard to find. I looked under the wrap and the leather is nice and crisp.

[​IMG]

I'll be stopping up some time this week to check on the progress and help on the car some. I'll report back then.

8. 1991notchbackLX

1991notchbackLX Active Member

This thread kicks ass, haha. You're doing everything right. It's nice to see someone do a real restoration on these cars without sparing expenses and cutting corners. Subscribing for more progress pics. :nice:

9. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

some more pics.

[​IMG]

I started some work on the pass. door dealing with minor dings, etc to get it straight. there wasn't really much after all these years.

[​IMG]

there was some dents and minor dings that where pulled out and filled to get the upper quarter straight & checked of the list.

[​IMG]

pretty much the same story with the pass. side.

[​IMG]
    I pulled the fender off so I can strip it..PO replaced the fender & door after and incident and painted a red fender with white rattle can paint. also going to pull drivers side door for replacement and clean up surface rust in the jamb and paint.

[​IMG]

got a set of new side view mirrors from LRS for it, the old ones are really worn and the glass is fogged in one.

[​IMG]

I also had to order a new moulding for the pass door, the old one was peeling up at the ends and it would have been pretty much junk after trying to peel it off, at this point I just replaced it with new oem. I oddly needed some of the side skirt holders, a few where alittle punchy and the rocker ones where slightly rusted also. The odd part where there was a rotted metal holder the body was rust free and white, just the metal holder was ragged :shrug:. So I got the kit from LRS. I'm going to POR them this time.

10. MAC'n89Blckstng

MAC'n89Blckstng Active Member

Progress looks good man, car is gonna be really clean when you're done. I dunno if its been mentioned before but is is getting painted white again?

11. Jaym14

Jaym14 New Member

awesome... I want to do some resto on mine like this also... new switches, mirrors, door panels... etc..

looking good so far. :nice:

12. fivespeedsteed

fivespeedsteed Active Member

great progress. keep it up.

13. undercnstrction

undercnstrction New Member

i subscribed to this thread.

excellent progress!

14. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

Thanks again for the comments. MAC'n89Blckstng yeah it's going to stay white. I thought about a color change at one time but she was built white so I'll keep it that way.

15. Shaolin Crane

Shaolin Crane Banned

good choice, i'd kill for a pearl white fox

16. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

I stopped up at the shop yesterday to drop off the driverside door and nothing as gone with it. They are really busy right now and I haven't had any time to get up there + I'm leaving for vaca soon also. It's okay though pretty much how this project is going to go....slow out the gate but will get going and when spring nears I'll be pushing hard to get it done.

I did purchase a new cluster lens for the gauge pod and a new hood seal to replace the dried out stock one,
    [​IMG]

that's the latest for now.

17. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

just getting back from vaca, doing the unpacking and getting things back in order thing so I haven't stopped by the shop yet but plan on doing it this week. I have also been tossing around wheel choices. I really like the Pony R's and they are my top choice right now although they are in short supply even though they say a shipment of new wheels has come in. I'm also thinking Saleen SC replica's and the 4-lug '03 Cobra's that american muscle has look tempting also but more on that later. I'm going to start playing with the stock door panels sometime this week or next since I want try and save them vs getting new ones. I'll replace the saggy pockets and i need speaker grilles also and a good cleaning so I'll post progress on that as well. more updates coming soon!

18. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

Some more progress pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

cleaned up the rear hatch carpet today and fixed a burn hole. with some good ole' elbow grease it cleaned up really good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^ small burn hole in the carpet. I trimmed a very small peice of carpet from a spot that can't be seen so I could repair it. It was in such good shape it didn't make sense to trash it for a new one.

[​IMG]

^^ I bonded the small peice over the bad spot. you can barely see it.

[​IMG]

^^ after massaging the fibers around to blend it some more it pretty much hid the repair spot :nice:

waiting on my LRS order for the door panel stuff so I can get going on those. It's getting nicer weather wise so I"m going to pull the hatch interior panels out and start scrubbing them and getting them cleaned up.

20. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

I like the window switches...need to get myself one. I forgot they had arrows on them...not that bugs me :(