skunk21's project thread

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by skunk21, Nov 8, 2009.

1. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

I have been looking at a few companies that offer GPS vehicle tracking systems. I'll be getting an estimate soon. I like this company Sky Link from Inilex but there are some that offer self monitored systems vs monitered. you just have to decide either way they all have long life batteries if power is cut and the units are hidden well. thought I would toss this out if anyone wanted some info.

2. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

It's been awhile. I've been busy and my buddies mom ( he is the shop owner) has been very ill so he has been doing alot of running around between shop and the hospital. All of the parts are painted but the bumpers although they came out so damn good have to touched up and recleared due to a freaken bug. The front is all done the rear is next. The car is all wet sanded and buffed finally. the rear wing still needs to be done and then the black trim is getting all painted last.porbally not the normal method of doing things but the deal i'm getting it was more of a pet project and diesigned to keep all the other shop working moving so it was it is. the reassembly will go much quicker than the body/paint work has been and that should be coming up soon. It looks really good though guys and it's going to nice looking when she is all together probally just in time to go into the garage for winter storage :D. I also got the price from sky link now I'm looking into LoJack next.

A few pics
    [​IMG]

not much changed other than got wet sanded, buffed and washed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. hsean

hsean Member

nice job when your done this will be a brand new car literally

4. Shaolin Crane

Shaolin Crane Banned

new user name?

5. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

yes

6. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

stopped by the shop today and more progress..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They started painting the black trim on the door frame when I got there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rear wing is ready to go, they found some minor stuff that needed to be addressed mainly from rubbing when it was in the box for so many years.

[​IMG]

rear bumper is all set and ready for reclear.

[​IMG]

Headlight bucket repainted. little details :D

7. hsean

hsean Member

is that sem trim black paint on the headlight bucket?

8. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

yeah. The headlight bucket had overspray on it and crap on it from PO. It shows on the back side and would look like crap with everything else freshly painted to have that eyesore so I had them paint it even though factory would be natural plastic. They use another brand of Ford trim black that is of high quality that comes in quarts to shoot through a spray gun, don't know the name off hand but most would know it.

9. hsean

hsean Member

after seeing it painted i started to think i should have sprayed mine when i had the epoxy primer mixed up.i will probably shoot mine black next year even though mine is mint.

10. Shaolin Crane

Shaolin Crane Banned

i'd like to know what that stuff is for when i do mine

11. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

I'll ask next time I go up to the shop.

12. Adams91LX

Adams91LX Active Member

Wow man... Sure is coming along really nicely... I Wish my paint prep work would go that fast.

Keep it coming.

13. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

Man things have been crazy where do I start. His mom passed away, very sweet lady but also very sick. He took some time off (to be expected). The shop then got hit with alot of work so they have been busting butt with that. Then of course hunting season but thennnnnn I went to the shop yesterday ,well actually I haven't been there for awhile since I knew things have been crazy but I was driving by and seen his truck there so I popped in. I noticed right away the he and Rich where standing by my car and Sid didn't look happy. Sid looked up and seen me and said " Holy ***** what you have esp?. I'm like what you mean.He pointed to my right rear quater which recieved a mystery scratches, a few minor and 1 deep. I can tell you he is more ****ed than me, so the quater needs to be fixed and color blended, then the both quaters and roof need to be re-cleared, wet sanded and buffed.

I didn't have my camera with me since this a was a chance pop in, nothing really to see other than a few scratches it just sucks to go backwards. He is totally fustraded and is hoping to thin out the work and get a few guys on it and get it out but the work keeps coming in which is good for him but I think he is getting sick of it being there and worrying about it ( it's going on over a year). I told him yes it sucks but it's not the end of the world and I don't want things rushed at this point just becuase of this, s**t happens. I'll stop by later this week after things settle down and he has a chance to deal with it. I know he is giving me a great deal being friends for many years well more like over 13( his doing I just wanted a nice job at a fair price) but at this point I'd rather throw in some more cash to keep things on track if needed, I'm going to feel things out I just don't want it to get pushed out at this point in the game due to fustration when we are almost at the finish line, but this tends to happen so many times when a project gets to the end and also taking over a year to get done ( and taking up room in his shop). I'll try and grab some pics when I'm up there and I still need to get Shaolin Crane the info on the trim paint, sorry I did forget. I'll be back soon.

14. Ozz

Ozz I think I have a problem here.
    Founding Member

Bummer =/

15. 1bad67sbf

1bad67sbf Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    car has gone thru alot, i cant wait to see some pics out of the shop with the new cobra wheels on it!!looks great so far!!

16. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

progress is pretty much dead slow. security set up is done but the shop is in it's busy time and really it's winter here so no rush, it's going to be done by spring at that is all I care about. The car is covered for now and work is going to start again within the next week or so and probally just poke along until assembly time.

I got a score though. I found R & L arm rests for the doors, brand new NOS!! They are the correct titanuim color and mint. The part # if anyone is wondering F0ZZ 6124140/41 BAE, they are really hard to find but I'm sure others are out there. The guy had brand new NOS door panels but sold them already. I was going to the pads from LRS and fix mine, they had the warp and seperation but the chrome strip isn't in the best shape and they are faded.so I searched for long time for new ones and got them, I'm totally siked :nice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

work is back on. The scratches are fixed and she is getting ready for some color dusting and reclear, jambs are getting done again to prevent overspray/lines from the reshoot. everything else is pretty much ready, so once the body is color sanded and buffed reassembly will be coming soon :nice:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. 1bad67sbf

1bad67sbf Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    looks like you doing it right, should look killer when done

19. Boss 351

Boss 351 Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe

Amazing thread! Nice work!

20. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt"
    SN Certified Technician Founding Member

Wow, where do you even find NOS armrests?