*** Slam it and make it loud ***

rcapilli

May 17, 2004
Slam It and Make it Loud (Your Input)

Two questions.

Question 1.
I am looking at dropping my 01 vert cobra. Eibach has been good to me on my former 91. So I am thinking on running those again (better suggestions?). Which brings me to my first question, Do I need CC Plates for my 01 Cobra after installing the new Eibach's?

Question 2.
If you had an earlier stang you probably ran FlowMasters on it. Well, I think they sound good but then again I have never heard the MagnaFlows. I know that the MF's are suppose to be better performance wise but if they sound anything like DynoMax count me out. Please keep in mind that my car at this point is completely stock. The warrenty ran out so it's time for toys. Having said that, Hit me with your best shot, what do you know about these two questions?

Final note:
Thanks for your input. I will check this thread often. :D

• Sponsors (?)

1. Eibachs are fine. I have them and a friend with an 01 vert has them. 1.5 inch drop basically. I have cc plates, he doesn't. You don't "need" them with only a 1.5 drop....in MOST cases anyway.

2. Flowmasters are what I would still recommend. I have LT's, o/r X and Flowmasters and I get compliments all the time...sounds mean. No tingy sound or anything like some say you get with the X. I've had both the H and X and the X is definitely louder and meaner sounding. My friend with the 01 vert has LT's, o/r x and Magnaflows. Sounds good too, but different. All comes down to preference.

Thanks for your reply. I have a Saleen X with cats coming. I think that will make a hugh difference with the exhaust. I'm looking to rid the two pre-cats first... I think that is a must anyways.

I noticed you have a 4.30 RE. I was looking at 4.10's Think the 4.30's are a better bet?

I noticed you have a 4.30 RE. I was looking at 4.10's Think the 4.30's are a better bet?

Two parts to this answer:

1. I selected 4.30's based on the fact that I put in a Viper T56 with a tall 2.66 first gear, and even with the Vortech on the car it needed help with that first gear.

2. Since you have the T3650 trans and are n/a, 4.30's or even 4.56 would be a great gear. I had 4.10's when I was still n/a and they were fun for a week before I realized I should have gone at least 4.30's. The only word of caution is, if you run with a drag radial and a 4.30 or higher gear, there's a strong chance you will snap a 1/2 shaft....especially if you start upping the power.

99SVTAddict said:
2. Flowmasters are what I would still recommend. I have LT's, o/r X and Flowmasters and I get compliments all the time...sounds mean. No tingy sound or anything like some say you get with the X. I've had both the H and X and the X is definitely louder and meaner sounding. My friend with the 01 vert has LT's, o/r x and Magnaflows. Sounds good too, but different. All comes down to preference.

Some people like the sound, some don't...I have the same setup on mine, and I don't like the sound of it...Mine is very tinny and obnoxious sounding...It's not that bad when I'm cruising around, but when I nail it, it sounds like I have a can of rocks under my car...I'm going with Bassani as soon as I get some money built up for it...

See, I hear people say that alot too. I actually had requested the performance shop put another o/r H on when they put in the solid and had to redo the catback too. I had been running a 2 1/4 mid pipe.....

Anyway, I get the car back from the shop that does all their exhaust work and it sounded mean. I was happy. Got home, stored it for winter. Noticed much later that it was an X pipe. But it sounded great and I was happy so I didn't complain.

The whole exhaust after the headers was custom made/bent. Maybe it has something to do with me not having that tingy or can of rocks sound.

Not sure :shrug: Just an FYI

Hopefully the guy on e-bay will get back to me on the address on where to send my payment for his X-Pipe. So far nothing. I have heard that people do not like the Flows. I guess they sound much different on our year cars. Cause then sounded mean on my 91 LX 5.0. I know, I know, different motor etc... but just weird. Perhaps I will check around this forum to see what others think of this.

I finally received my springs.... I'm going to take advice from someone here and not put the Caster/Camber plates on yet, just to see how they wear. How is the bump steer?

Cool Deal. I will keep it in mind. There is a mustang Shop about 30 min up the road from where I live, Perhaps I will have them install my springs and may be they will have a few stangs sitting on the lot that have a simular setup. :D