Slamming Car Doors?

• Sponsors (?)

I warn them before they exit.
If they do not heed the warning, they do not ride with me again.

Make sure you and no one else pushes the door shut by using the glass; put your hand on the weatherstrip trim to push the door shut. This goes for any car without framed support for the glass pane.

streethorse said:
Unnessasary Roughness....... 15 yard penelty.

haha

my girlfriend occasionally will slam the passenger door.
i make a point of saying something to people who do that.

not to be rude, but i will say something sarcastic like
"ouch, easy on the door hercules"
just because i never want to seem like a dick, but at the same time i like when people acknowledge the fact that i take care of my stuff.

i've never had someone come back in a negative tone,
quite the opposite actually, people are very gentle with my stuff now.

even to the point where people don't shut the door hard enough, and i'll laugh and thank them for it ;)

My wife slams my freakin door every time she's riding with me. I try to remind her how heavy these doors are....but she doesn't get it. All she can say is "well you slam my damn doors too." She drives a Hyundai!!!!!

SRT Handz said:
Does it piss you off when people get out of your stang or any car and slam the door? Pisses the hell outta me....just wanted to get input on what you guys think.

Better to be pissed off then pissed on.

But yes, it is annoying. Its as if they're closing the door on a space capsule. "Carefull, if you dont get it closed all the way, we'll lose cabin pressure, and become hypoxic!" geez

4u2nv said:
Make sure you and no one else pushes the door shut by using the glass; put your hand on the weatherstrip trim to push the door shut. This goes for any car without framed support for the glass pane.

Exactly, there's always finger prints on the door and glass because of that. I always use the weatherstrip, but nobody else seems to.

I can't stand when people get out with the door wide open and then slam it from that distance. The best technique for closing a door is slowly push it to about 6 inches from closing, and then gently shut it using the weatherstrip. It's easy and doesn't shake the whole car.

well last night i took this girl to the movies and she did 3 "No-No's" in the Mustang book.

#1 Almost sparked up a Ciggarette before i grabbed the Cigarette out of her hand a through it out the window and took her lighter. :mad:

#2 Slammed my door twice after i told her not to do it.

#3 Slammed the Deck Lid

....in the middle of the movie i was still so pissed about my door being slammed and she not caring for my car that i just got up and left.

The chick was cool other wise...but my stang comes before Hoes:hail2: