Sleeper or not?

CManT1914 said:
attachment.php

attachment.php

:lol:

• Sponsors (?)

no mustang is a sleeper

about the closest you can get is all stoc outside, no badges, no wings, no fogs a good quiet muffler with a turbo

or vortech v-2 SQ trim. 15 pounds

either eof these run though explorer gt40s with their big combustion chambers
and extrude honed stock intakes.

or extrude honed stock intake gt40 P heads, stock cam retarded with a 175-200 wet shot concealed running through cats and quiet mufflers

poeple are listing stuff thinking it will be a sleeper are in denial. the instant someone hears loud exhaust, they are spooked. you dont actually think the stuff you listed would sneak by your average racer.

Caldwell said:
Cobra front bumper
nope

347 CHP motor NA
yes

Bassani Exhaust (catted-X and catback)
yes

1 1/4" lowering w/full suspension upgrade
nope

17x9 silver wheels w/275s all around
nope

Maybe a Cobra R Hood (dark green body color, so hood detail is diminished)
I've got Corbeau seats, so maybe that doesn't help at all, but they're nice!
nope

I agree mostly. My lowering, I think, would only be noticed by someone who is really into stangs, otherwise it just looks kind of normal. Not too low at all. All the other suspension stuff would never be seen or noticed, unless the stang was on a lift OR by witnessing how well it performs.

I'm not saying I'll ever claim my stang WILL be a sleeper, but I am also not going for a full-on show look. I'd like to draw attention when the car is running, but otherwise just have it looking like a nice well kept stang. I'd hate for someone to steal it or parts of it due to a body kit, chrome 18" wheels, and other visual cues that this car is all about flash and money. I'd prefer that people initially get the wrong idea about my car and then later discover that it's all about performance. Somewhere in the middle is good, too, but I guess in the end, I'll be adding a different hood to fit the intake under and a cobra bumper to get rid of my well worn GT bumper that has the horrible license plate outline.

Whoever said something about the exhaust, I think they may be right. Most ricers get itchy when they come by me now that I have the X pipe. That thing just doesn't scream stock. :)

Car Nut said:
I agree mostly. My lowering, I think, would only be noticed by someone who is really into stangs, otherwise it just looks kind of normal. Not too low at all. All the other suspension stuff would never be seen or noticed, unless the stang was on a lift OR by witnessing how well it performs.

I'm not saying I'll ever claim my stang WILL be a sleeper, but I am also not going for a full-on show look. I'd like to draw attention when the car is running, but otherwise just have it looking like a nice well kept stang. I'd hate for someone to steal it or parts of it due to a body kit, chrome 18" wheels, and other visual cues that this car is all about flash and money. I'd prefer that people initially get the wrong idea about my car and then later discover that it's all about performance. Somewhere in the middle is good, too, but I guess in the end, I'll be adding a different hood to fit the intake under and a cobra bumper to get rid of my well worn GT bumper that has the horrible license plate outline.

Whoever said something about the exhaust, I think they may be right. Most ricers get itchy when they come by me now that I have the X pipe. That thing just doesn't scream stock. :)

Yes, for the most part I would agree...
lowering springs are a hit or miss factor, but i guess it all depends on what you want. If you really want to snipe people out... but.. hm
see now you have me thinking. My friend had this sleeper s10 (a real p.o.s.) but it went like high 12s 1/4 - but really, after a few night races on the streets, his car was well known around town, and all of a sudden your sleeper car, is really, no longer a sleeper.

it all seriously depends on what you want to do with your car.

haha no prob for the laughs
it was funny, i laughted for a few minutes myself.

I think you can have loud exhaust and still be a sleeper, look how many people on this site have o/r pipe and catback w/ pullies it might sound fast but they are not getting much more than HP out of just those two things. I don't know how many people have look around at a stoplight trying to figure out who's car that is before they realize its mine then blow me off thinking I just have loud exhaust.

wytstang said:
:lol: yeah man it was ugly the way he just flew by me. The car looked like he just pulled it out the junk yard. But it had a monster turbo from what I could hear on it for the spilt seconed he was there lol.

see, sleeper
BUT

now you know the car right?
would you make the same mistake? not without preparing first :D

you'll get him next time
maybe he'll blow a bicycle wheel or somethin

Caldwell said:
now you know the car right?
would you make the same mistake? not without preparing first :D

you'll get him next time
maybe he'll blow a bicycle wheel or somethin
1st and last time I ever saw it, hopefully I land this job I'm after to make some real $$ to mod. If not I'm moving north to maybe South Carolina for better opertunities(sp?). It's getting pretty darn expensive to live down here, and Florida City/Homestead is the 9th fastest growing city in the U.S so traffic is getting horrid :fuss: .

wytstang said:
1st and last time I ever saw it, hopefully I land this job I'm after to make some real $$ to mod. If not I'm moving north to maybe South Carolina for better opertunities(sp?). It's getting pretty darn expensive to live down here, and Florida City/Homestead is the 9th fastest growing city in the U.S so traffic is getting horrid :fuss: .

"opportunities"

that's cool, all the closer to us Canadians! :nice:
I've been to south carolina several times and I have loved every visit there. I still can't get over your red dirt man lol, it freaks me out.
Dirt's supposed to be brown! BROWN! :)

wytstang said:
lol red dirts start in Georgia not in here in S. Fl. Yeah it looks like a pain to take out your carpet though. Who know if the g/f get the airbase in Charlston, SC and things don't work out here by next year I may be in South SC. I actually forgot all about the red dirt thanks a lot I don't want to move now :( lol.

Hm, i'm sorry to burst the bubble bro :rlaugh:

besides, who honestly cleans the carpet anyway? :p

how are you doing? you up and mobile finally I assume, are you back at the same restaurant??