slow cobras

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

You Cobra bashers are all talking out your @sses. A stock 96 Cobra is a high-13 second car. It just doesn't "feel the same" as a 5.0 because it's a dohc car. Completely different animal. Throw a few mods on it and there are few 5.0's that can touch it. Put a blower on it, and it will make most 5.0 drivers look as foolish as you all do right now.

I have a pretty good idea about what I'm talking about here. Note my parking situation:

591203_44_full.jpg

They are slow. My fathers a car dealer and we go up to auctions and we drive cars. Well i help myself to them atleast haha. I drove a 96 white cobra convert with 100,000 last thursday. My car feels like it would smoke it. It just didn't have any power, didn't seem like it has the torque. And i tryed to drive a 2007 corvette convert. Couldn't find where the dam key went. Now i figured out its a push button start. GOD DAMN IT! next week for sure though. And the 2005 and up v6's suck. But the v8's are fun. Theres a test track thats pretty long and you can tromp on it. I love auctions haha.

I have a slow 96 Cobra...the slowest year they made them...do you want to race me? I will give you lengths at the start with my torquless snake. Lets see a stock 5.0....rev to 7,200 RPM's like where I shift my Cobra. I have had 11 Mustangs, and 8 of them with 5.0's and none of them could do that. Another thing....even when my car was stock..with 4.10's...(13.54@106)....it would have killed my notch that I have right now...or any other 5.0L Mustang I had.

What does your car run...where is your sig???:shrug: :shrug:

You Cobra bashers are all talking out your @sses. A stock 96 Cobra is a high-13 second car. It just doesn't "feel the same" as a 5.0 because it's a dohc car. Completely different animal. Throw a few mods on it and there are few 5.0's that can touch it. Put a blower on it, and it will make most 5.0 drivers look as foolish as you all do right now.

I have a pretty good idea about what I'm talking about here. Note my parking situation:

591203_44_full.jpg

Your garage looks like mine.....but both my rides are black!!...Nice picture.

If your racing at a dragstrip…the "times" mean everything.

Who says you need to throw mods at it? In stock form they are far superior to the foxbody mustang….what else is there to say?
If you line up and run a 15 and the guy you're racing runs a 14 YOU LOSE, it doesn't matter that your car is capable of running 13s. You could line up and turn the damn timer or clock or whatever off and if the guy you're running against beats you to the other side then YOU LOST times or no times. The times are a different story when you are actually lined up against someone and you're staring over at them waiting for the light.

If you line up and run a 15 and the guy you're racing runs a 14 YOU LOSE, it doesn't matter that your car is capable of running 13s. You could line up and turn the damn timer or clock or whatever off and if the guy you're running against beats you to the other side then YOU LOST times or no times. The times are a different story when you are actually lined up against someone and you're staring over at them waiting for the light.

What are you talking about…seriously?

In heads up racing…the first one to cross the traps wins, regardless of what your et or mph. Reaction time and launch play a big part of the whole equation.

The only way to compare what 2 vehicles are capable of however is by comparing the average ET's and MPH's for the given vehicles.

Geeze I hate those years as much as the rest, but c'mon.

When I had my LT1 I got my clock cleaned by a 95 Kewbra... Let alone a 96-98. I tried keeping up with a 98 on the highway when they were brand new in my 86 with 3.55's

"Tried" being the key word

IMO by Jinx369​
Not every race is a street race. Not every Cobra wants to race, and not every Cobra owner knows how to drive them. :shrug:

Just because you beat a few Cobra's between lights, doesn't automaticly make a Cobra slow compaired to a Fox.

:Track:

The End. :D

IMO by Jinx369​
Not every race is a street race. Not every Cobra wants to race, and not every Cobra owner knows how to drive them. :shrug:

Just because you beat a few Cobra's between lights, doesn't automaticly make a Cobra slow compaired to a Fox.

:Track:

The End. :D

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

These types of threads never end well.

+1

That's why they are fun :)

lol. there can never be a "winner" they are a completely different car really, but stock for stock the cobra is gonna be faster. Thats been established....

...Now maybe the talk posse can just go ahead and completely derail this one hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.