SLP installed.. oh lord....

• Sponsors (?)

Ive got SLP as well, I think I was the first to get it on this board. But the right side had to be cut about 1/4 an inch to clear the heat sheild on the gas tank. They just made that side too long. How do you like it so far. Are you looking into a cam any time soon?

I have a couple of track videos but I dont think you can hear the car over all the camming nova's and stuff.

The 4.6 and 5.0 are two different beasts. They sound completely different. Ive heard my car and another 99 with SLP and they dont sound the same at all. Dont judge by those sound clips because you own a 5.0.

Ive never heard an audio clip come close to what an exhaust sounds like in person. So to those who hate it. Keep on voicing your opinions because I want to be one of few that has it.

stockstang50 said:
Hitman...do you have longtubes or shorties? Im wondering how it will sound with Lt's and o/r h.

He's running the factory shorties right now...I too wonder what the SLP would sound like with longtubes.

I'm happy with my Magnaflow catback though. The SLP isn't for me, but it's definitely an attention getter.

95snoozer said:
wow that sounds horrible..

I dont understand why you guys are wasting your money.

Just get Bullet mufflers from dynomax and the tips of your choice.
My friend has bullet mufflers on his 351W H/C/I fox and it is kinda quiet. Doesnt do the monster justice. I love my MAC and while that doesnt sound bad im not about to witch over.

I like Spintechs a lot! Before I decided on going with a completely new catback, I was seriously considering having my 2-chamber Flows cut out and having Spintechs welded in. They make our cars sound NEAT!

The Bullets are great for flow, though...