SLP Loudmouth + O/R X pipe

• Sponsors (?)

my95gtstang said:
i have flowmasters on my car right now, how to i find out what kinda they are and what is a good combo with flowmasters? i want to get a pair of L/T headers and an o/r x-pipe. suggestions?

Sometimes the mufflers are "stamped" with the series. For example, they might read "50 series". In my opinion Flows with an o/r x-pipe would sound like anus. You can goto www.mustangexhaust.com and check out some sound clips.

HoustonGT said:
Helty, were the LMII's louder than your Bassani catback is now?

I'm not helt, but yeah they're louder than his Bassani.

But whoever said X-pipe and flows sounds like anus is wrong! :nono:... I thought the same thing until I got my SLP LT's and SLP O/R X-pipe on. With the stock manifolds it didn't sound near as good.. but when the headers went on, the sound changed. It sounds awesome. It's got a deep rumble to it down low but SCREAMS up top... I wish I had a sound clip of how it is now, it sounds awesome! :hail2:

jasonh_86 said:

But whoever said X-pipe and flows sounds like anus is wrong! :nono:... I thought the same thing until I got my SLP LT's and SLP O/R X-pipe on. With the stock manifolds it didn't sound near as good.. but when the headers went on, the sound changed. It sounds awesome. It's got a deep rumble to it down low but SCREAMS up top... I wish I had a sound clip of how it is now, it sounds awesome! :hail2:

thanks, appreciate it! see i told you they didnt sound like anus!! :nice: :nice:

jasonh_86 said:

Hmm, maybe i'll trade someone my Bassani for their LMII's. That way itll still sound good but be louder too

jasonh_86 said:
You should've been there :D... It was 10000000000x's worse!

It sounded so awful that it was hilarious! I still laugh about it to this day :rlaugh:
I bet!
On a side note....What do you recommend for a combo that has crazy volume but nice tone? SLP LTs, catted H..etc? Or something different?

ACSPONY said:
I bet!
On a side note....What do you recommend for a combo that has crazy volume but nice tone? SLP LTs, catted H..etc? Or something different?
you're gonna gave to compromise somewhere. The LMI's and O/R X is the loudest mid-pipe/cat-back combo Ive heard on our cars, but it had ZERO tone and sounded like ****. The LMII's were not as loud, but had a decent tone, very nice sound @ WOT, just watch that vid I posted. Give n take :shrug:

i was gunna get SLP LMIs but idk now.... i cant make up my mind. i want it loud but dont want it to sound like crap... (i want it to be loud while its idling and driving)

need input

adelg88 said:
i was gunna get SLP LMIs but idk now.... i cant make up my mind. i want it loud but dont want it to sound like crap... (i want it to be loud while its idling and driving)

need input

If want loud and sound good get the IIs. The I's are loud but sound sh**y

I'm glad this post went up

Allright now you guys are startin to scare me........I'm havin SLP LT's and an SLP o/r x put on my 98 GT this week, i have SLP powerflows but after all this talk about the LMII's I'm thinkin the powerflows are gonna be too quiet, you think I should leave the LM 1's on my car??

propaganda382 said:
Allright now you guys are startin to scare me........I'm havin SLP LT's and an SLP o/r x put on my 98 GT this week, i have SLP powerflows but after all this talk about the LMII's I'm thinkin the powerflows are gonna be too quiet, you think I should leave the LM 1's on my car??
Give the Powerflos a chance, and wait at least 2 weeks before you make a final decision. They need time to "break in" if you will. I think the Powerflo's will still be plenty loud, but not obnoxious. Do NOT use the LMI's with those headers and X-pipe.