SLP loudmouth or loudmouth2

s&k stangs

May 24, 2006
MOnroe, Nc
Anyone have Loudmouth or Loudmouth2 on a 87-93 5.0?Thinking about it for my car(91 GT)after hearing the audio on the tech review on this site, but the reg loudmouths may be a little too loud for my early morning drive through my neighborhood, so I'm trying to find a clip of the Loudmouth2 setup. If anyone has a clip, please post it and help me decide. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

s&k stangs said:
Anyone have Loudmouth or Loudmouth2 on a 87-93 5.0?Thinking about it for my car(91 GT)after hearing the audio on the tech review on this site, but the reg loudmouths may be a little too loud for my early morning drive through my neighborhood, so I'm trying to find a clip of the Loudmouth2 setup. If anyone has a clip, please post it and help me decide. Thanks

I got a bran new SLP catback for a fox its for a LX that Im selling it didnt have the sound I was looking for but they are loud at WOT but when crusing there not that loud

wythors said:
I have LM1's on both the 93 LX and 96 Cobra. My wife is a transit operator and goes to work at 4:30 in the morning. No complaints from the neighbors.
What headers are you running on the93? cats? H or X pipe?
I've got factory manifolds and an O/R h-pipe, and 2 chamber Flows, but an exhaust leak is really affecting the sound(leaks to the point that even eith the windows up, my wife can smell exhaust on me when I get home,LOL).IM working on putting a new combo with 347 stoker,custom cam,unsure of the heads and intake, and long tubes, so im interested in the open sound of the loudmouths so the cam will definately be heard at idle.

s&k stangs said:
What headers are you running on the93? cats? H or X pipe?
QUOTE]

I'm running FRPP un-equal length shorties and a Bassani catted X-pipe. Don't get me wrong, it is loud if you get on it or rev it, but just putting through the neighborhood, you can be fairly quiet if you try. Now, if I floored it through first and second at 5 in the morning on a regular basis, my neighbors would be coming after me with torches and pitch forks.