Slp Loudmouth!

ReVz

Apr 4, 2005
Piscataway, NJ
I finally got my SLP Loudmouths on... I LOVE THEM!

If your lookin for a mean, aggressive sounding exhaust.. SLP LOUDMOUTHS ARE THE ONES YOU WANT... All I get is head turns lookin at my car in every town I go in ... I LOVE IT! :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

hate to hijack your thread, but i just intalled mine this morning. now i understand why you always see these ( :hail2: ) when someone's talking about the loudmouths. it took me and a friend about 45 minutes to install (using a lift and sawz-all), leak check and test drive for clearance. cant say enough about the quality. i know exhaust is all about opinion, and a lot of guys dont like slp, but i am more than satisfied with them. slightly louder than stock at idle, and screams like a raped ape at wot. a guy in the bay next to me had a black 02gt with flowmaster super 40's, and he said he was jealous. to be fair, his sounded really good too. said he had upr x with super 40 flows. can't wait to hear it after i install the longtubes and x-pipe, but i think i'll spend the rest of my weekend enjoying my investment

with a catted prochamber my SLP is far from raspy, except when you rev to 5k and just let it drop, but normal driving and most downshifting it barely pops. When you drop it from high rpm in nuetral it pops and crack the whole way back to idle, thats the only part I dont like.

cat-back only. stock h-pipe and exhaust manifold. it sounds amazing. we found a straight road about 1/2 mile long. i got out and had my friend do two passes, one just cruising and one at wot. it sounded real nice on the first pass, but on the second, OMG! it was LOUD!. even about 300 yards away, it sounded mean.

myponyrocks said:
with a catted prochamber my SLP is far from raspy, except when you rev to 5k and just let it drop, but normal driving and most downshifting it barely pops. When you drop it from high rpm in nuetral it pops and crack the whole way back to idle, thats the only part I dont like.
I love that popping and cracking durring decceleration.....maybe it sounds better than i thought

OK let me ask you guys this....

I used to belong to automotiveforums, and everyone in thier stang forums bashed (to hell) SLP. Having never had experience with them myself, I kinda just accepted that people hated them.

I later found out that they all hated them because SLP used to be just for fbodys, and when they were gone they then decided to goto mustangs. Seems that this caused most of the people there to hold a grudge on the company...still at this point I mostly accepted it as a bad company for stangs.

Now, since I joined here, everyone is singing it's praises.... Kinda making me second guess it. I really want to hear them in person, and just get my own opinion...and Im much more willing to take your guy's advice over a smaller part of a larger forum. THis site is stang only, so the people here know thier stuff...

So in other people (then who already posted) opinions, SLP good, bad, or just go here it myself? lol

MidnightGT said:
OK let me ask you guys this....

I used to belong to automotiveforums, and everyone in thier stang forums bashed (to hell) SLP. Having never had experience with them myself, I kinda just accepted that people hated them.

I later found out that they all hated them because SLP used to be just for fbodys, and when they were gone they then decided to goto mustangs. Seems that this caused most of the people there to hold a grudge on the company...still at this point I mostly accepted it as a bad company for stangs.

Now, since I joined here, everyone is singing it's praises.... Kinda making me second guess it. I really want to hear them in person, and just get my own opinion...and Im much more willing to take your guy's advice over a smaller part of a larger forum. THis site is stang only, so the people here know thier stuff...

So in other people (then who already posted) opinions, SLP good, bad, or just go here it myself? lol

At first I didn't like the sound but my only options to go louder were this or Borla and I didn't want to spend 500 on a cat-back. Any way I hadnt heard it with a prochamber and now I love it. The people who dont like the raspiness should listen to the loudmouthII, not as loud, but still louder than most and way less rasp. I dont hear much rasp at all with my combo, usually its x-pipe people. Either way listen to it in person if you can, sound clips dont do most exhaust justice.