Mach 1 SLP on Mach 1?????

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by Mach428, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Mach428

Mach428 New Member

Has anyone put a SLP Cat-Back on their Mach's??? I was wondering how they sound up top around 6000rpm?? Sound ricey or racey?????
  2. Mach428

Mach428 New Member

Anyone????
  3. killermach1

killermach1 New Member

I think they sound too high pitched. go to mustang exhaust .com's forums section they have lots of sound clips you can hear for yourself. your good with magnapacks you have plus they outflow slp's
  4. ttown

ttown Founding Member

Some people on the Registry really like them. I went with the MangaPacks for $315 to my door from Performance Peddler. I would like to order the rolled tips but I haven't yet.
  5. hotrodnut

hotrodnut Member

They sound great! I think they have the perfect Muscle Car sound. They are loud at WOT but can be kept quite while crusing. I've heard sound clips and they do not give you the effect of what a sweet sound the SLP's put out in person. My Son has them on his GT and they sound great on it too. But the 4-valve Mach makes the SLP's talk even more with a much louder tone and NO rice, rasp or drone!

They are straight through design, similar to the Magnapacks and are actually resinators, not mufflers. I love the Magnapack sound too but elected for the SLP's because IMO they can be real loud at WOT and still be kept a bit more quite while crusing than the Magnapacks.