Small Block engine Pics

mdjay said:
With this car, the only current issue I really have is the TCP power rack. It's just too sensitive for this car. It could be the KRC pump is a little aggressive even though I only have a 1.05 gpm flow valve in it. I could slow down the pump with a different pulley, but I think I'm just going to use the TCP manual rack instead. This car just has too much power to run power steering. You just can't feel "in the wheel" what the car wants you to do to keep it straight.

Wanna trade racks? I have a TCP manual and I think its too hard to turn. I now want a power rack.

• Sponsors (?)

4MuscleMachines said:
Wanna trade racks? I have a TCP manual and I think its too hard to turn. I now want a power rack.

That's not quite an equal trade there :)

Hang in there all of you 65-66er's with hydraulic clutches. I'm working on a solution with Jerry Choate over at Scott Drake's on using the manual brake boosters with the JMC units. As it turns out the manual brake boosters will raise the entire brake master assem. approx 2" which should make this clear the clutch master. It will be a few weeks before we attempt the install. The <a href="http://members.cox.net/mustangsoflv/BLCC%202005/index.htm"><b><i><font size="2">BLCC</font></i></b></a><font size="2">
</font> show at Fremont Street, SEMA right after, and probably the sanitarium soon thereafter.

Edbert said:
At the risk of sounding stoooopid...what is a "manual booster"?

Scott Drake makes a brake booster for manual trans cars that is offset 2" higher with a Z bar style pushrod. Since I want one in chrome, that they don't make, I'm simply taking my old one, copying their brackets and pushrod, and will attempt the install avoiding the hyd master. I'm pretty sure it's going to clear just by looking at it.

471382908fzpKds_ph.jpg

mdjay said:
You know, I didn't see your time ticket until second pass.

Is that time slot with slicks, or on street tires?

Either way, that a health animal. Makes you wonder what a SC would do?

Thanks. That is with m/t e.t. streets. 28x11.5-15. Boy I don't know about the s/c. I already have to slow it down for most tracks around here now because I don't have a roll bar. :banana:

Front dress brackets

4MuscleMachines, what brackets did you use on the yellow(?) small block picture you posted?:nice: I am keeping the V-belt pulleys and am looking for a nice looking, reasonably priced (the 2 seldom go together) alternator and powersteering bracket/pulley setup. Been looking at March, but a little pricey.

jcode68 said:
4MuscleMachines, what brackets did you use on the yellow(?) small block picture you posted?:nice: I am keeping the V-belt pulleys and am looking for a nice looking, reasonably priced (the 2 seldom go together) alternator and powersteering bracket/pulley setup. Been looking at March, but a little pricey.
Hey Jcode68, they are the new March brackets for Cleveland engines. You can still get the same look for your engine if you use March V-belt pulleys. The PS pump is the new billet piece also from March.

4MuscleMachines said:
Hey Jcode68, they are the new March brackets for Cleveland engines. You can still get the same look for your engine if you use March V-belt pulleys. The PS pump is the new billet piece also from March.

Thanks for the info, they look great. Will probably spend the cake and buy the March setup since there aren't many better alternatives. Maybe I should invest in a Bridgeport and start making these things from my basement.:rolleyes: