...small shot of Nitrous instead of intercooler?

QDRHRSE

Dec 31, 2002
Palmdale, CA
I have had this idea for a long time. I want to use a tiny shot of nitrous to cool my intake charge so that I can make my blower more efficient. I want the benefit of an intercooler without the expense, plumbing, and hardware. I'm thinking about 25-50hp dry shot. I will probably have to upgrade my fuel system and get some type of computerized engine management. I have a relatively small blower, NOVI 1000, that makes 12lb's of boost. The NOVI doesn't really push a whole lot of air so I figure I won't be "over the top" with cylinder pressure or power.

Currently I'm making a few other changes as well. Soon I will not be smog legal as I have a full off road exhaust and I am putting on a Victor 5.0 intake. I know the intake will probably hurt me but I have one and I have been wanting to try it out. They look too bitchen and give you access to everything. Plus the top end charge will be unreal with the Aluminum flywheel that I'm also installing. Who knows, with nitrous too, the intake may work well. I really would like to go high 11's or low 12's on radials. Over the summer I went 12.50 so I'm already close. My 60 ft's were 2.2 and up. 100 degree heat and a supercharger make launching on radials tough!

Any comments? Suggestions? Good idea? Bad idea?

• Sponsors (?)