small video of my stang before the turbo

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
got bored so i shot a small video of the stang. since i took my vortech off last fall ive been just tinkering around with tuning on the car to pass time whle i gather turbo parts. after lots of hours tuning i'm pleased with how the car runs.

so soon i'll be fabbing up my turbo setup, i have all the parts sitting in my room, but me and my dad are building a new shop that we can work on our stuff in, so at the moment i have no real good place to do the work. so hopefully soon i'll be getting underway and get the turbo on, shouldnt take me too long since i have pretty much everything i need.

anyways let me know what you think!

not too much WOT in this vid, hard to find a good place to smash in to it good.
but it seems to be hooking decent, i just put new rear tires on a few weeks ago and the car hooks great, a little feathering off the line and it seems to do decent.

hehe , i didnt realize i put the camera on the ground right where the exhaust shoots out and it made the camera move when i revved it lol.

2009 N/A combo before the turbo goes on.- Video

• Sponsors (?)

nice....sounds pretty stout

what turbo setup are you going with?

BTW, what do you have your camera mounted to?

i am going to run a masterpower t70, i'll be fabbing the whole kit up myself, i'm going to use the bbk shorties i have, i'll flip them and build the hotside from that.

as for the camera, i just shoved the camera in b/w the crack of the two rear seats. i was having a hard time finding a good place to get a good view then i just tried sticking the camera in the crack and it worked awesome.

and yeah i remember running the high 16s back when i first had my stang. the car isnt even close to the same car as it was then lol. almost everything has been changed and/or messed with

i have a thread on turbomustangs.com now, it has alot of pics of the parts i have gathered. but i'll definatly get one up here also.
but here is the thread there if you want to take a look.
another dime a dozen single fox build.... Updated 12-25-08

as for when i'll get started, hopefully soon, my dad recently sold his old house and thats where i used to work on my car most of the time, hes been building a new shop to work on stuff, and ive been helping with that, and were making progress on that. its mostly just us 2 working on it whenever we can get free time lol. but there isnt much left. so i am hoping to get the parts and the car in there within the next month or so. i'll keep you all posted.

and the rev limter is set to the stock 6250, ive never changed it hehe, the f-cam seems to pull to around 6000 or so, so i have just left it alone.

I am thinking about doing the same thing with mine but with twins. It will be a while before I get to do mine though so a progress thread on yours would help me on mine later. Nice work by the way. Keep it man and keep everyone posted.

Brett, i saw your build on TTF before but for some reason I didn't put two and two together that it was you from stangnet, i guess i'm dumb like that haha... it looks like you have accumulated a lot of really nice parts and, judging by that intake you made, you definitely have the fab skills to finish that build off nicely. Best of luck with it man! I'm doing a lot of research now for my future turbo build but i'm going to remove the worry about stock bottom ends and just go aftermarket block. Look forward to seeing more progress man!

Chris :nice: