Smashed throttle cable - down another week

TheUser

Jul 25, 2003
Springfield, MO
After all my problems I've had - many of you have probably read about some of them - I got my tranny back from the tranny shop, put it in last night and got up this morning and wanted to start the car to make sure it'll start before I put the exhaust and everything back up and my gas pedal was hard to push, so I checked my throttle cable and I had bolted down my upper intake w/ the throttle cable caught between the upper and lower intakes. Now, there's an inch long section of the cable that is flattened.

Needless to say, the gas pedal doesn't act as it should and gets stuck. Autozone wants around $45 for a cable and they have to order it, so I can't get it today.

All the local ford dealers have to order it and it's $98.91 - they said they discontinued the part in June 06.

Since school starts next week, I guess I'll have to wait until next weekend to get the cable on, so looks like the car will sit for another week. I can't remember exactly when I pulled the engine, but I believe it was the early part of June.

• Sponsors (?)