SMOG EQUIPMENT HELP

• Sponsors (?)

Do i actually need any of the smog equipment and will it hurt exhaust flow or power if i remove it all

there is no testing in my area

YOu can delete your smog equip and no problems. Like the other guy said. Plug the holes. As for your EGR... then thats where you run into problems. I'd only delete that if your getting a custom tune down the road. It causes your car to run lean because of the computer not knowing what to do or something like that. I deleted it all but once my engines done its getting a tune so its not a worry.

Do i actually need any of the smog equipment and will it hurt exhaust flow or power if i remove it all

there is no testing in my area

You can ditch all the smog stuff... As for the EGR.. I pulled it off & made a solid plate to block it.. I left it plugged in & the vac line on so the dummy light would stay off..

P1010332-1.jpg

Attachments

• P1010332-1.jpg
    P1010332-1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 70
The charcoal canister is another tricky one. The vacuum line running from the rear of the car is a vent for the gas tank. Vapors are pulled through the canister and burned in the engine.

If you delete the canister, the vapors vent elsewhere.

Gasoline vapor is explosive.

Since i haven't found a safe solution on how to deal with it, i just left mine in place. It's safer to keep the gas contained where the vapor concentration level is too high to explode.

The EGR is another tricky one and requires a tune to be correctly removed. It's not even worth it as it gains you nothing really.

Jrichter had some good electrical diagrams on how to eliminate the solenoids off the smog pump so it won't give you the TAB TAD codes.

Smog pump and related plumbing can be removed if you have no cats. I don't have mine and have a catted stock pipe and it's been fine for me though.

You can ditch all the smog stuff... As for the EGR.. I pulled it off & made a solid plate to block it.. I left it plugged in & the vac line on so the dummy light would stay off..

P1010332-1.jpg

Hey man you should post some more pics of your ride! Or do you got cardomain or someting? What kinda numbers you putting down? I'm in the proccess of rebuilding mine and its getting that same holey intake as yours as well as the blower. Just curious on what your putting down.