smog pump delete

• Sponsors (?)

You can Either
A) By pass the Pump(and leave it on) using a smaller belt
or
B) Remove it completely, I think you need to plug the pipe that connects to your Cat..not sure thought, where do you live? is it a daily driver, or track demon?
-Nick

So will sombody please tell him what he needs so that he can cap off the back of each heads. I need to know too thats all... I was just looking and it seems like i just 1)run the shorter belt 2) pull all that crap 3)cap the midpipe (with what?) 4) cap both holes in the back of the heads (with what??)

Thanks And what else did i miss???

-Dan

You can take 2 spark plugs, break the porcelain off of them and screw the stubs into the back of the heads out of site. Then you cut the tube going to the H- pipe, smash it shut and have a shop weld it. Some folks cut it and put on a rubber heater hose cap, and a hose clamp. I just cut that part out of my pipe and gutted the front converters and trashed the rear ones. Get a short belt and route it like this. You can use a string to measure, keep it mind this is for underdrives.

to plug the holes you will need a 5/8-11 (coarse) bolt. Or you could go to Ford and ask for thermactor plugs. There will be a lot of carbon in those threads. It may seem likr they aren't there, but they are. I sprayed the hole with carb cleaner and worked a bolt back and forth ( like tapping threads) to loosen up the carbon. That got it pretty clean. Then you can ditch all of the tubing ( rubber and metal) and the solenoids. Get a short belt and an offraod pipe. You will be good to go.

92MNstanger said:
to plug the holes you will need a 5/8-11 (coarse) bolt. Or you could go to Ford and ask for thermactor plugs. There will be a lot of carbon in those threads. It may seem likr they aren't there, but they are. I sprayed the hole with carb cleaner and worked a bolt back and forth ( like tapping threads) to loosen up the carbon. That got it pretty clean. Then you can ditch all of the tubing ( rubber and metal) and the solenoids. Get a short belt and an offraod pipe. You will be good to go.

92MNStanger youve got a PM bro :spot:

This is fairly easy to do and as others have said there are several ways to do it. I tried the Ford therm. plugs which go in the back of the head, but mine are not threaded and the plugs did not work, plus the room you have to work there is min. to none. So what i did was take a piece of alum. cut it to the pattern of the steel line that came off, drilled a hole in it just like the orig. had and put some high heat silicon on it and plugged it that way. You can not see it and it works great. It is bolted on just like the original. Another way is to use the orig. piece, cut the line off and flip them around and use the right side one on the left and the left one on the right. Better idea maybe then mine, I just did not think of it before I did my idea.
Good luck, you will like how much room you will have if you take all that crap out, if you emissions let you.