Smog pump holes in the rear of stock heads

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, here's what I did and it works perfectly. When I took off the air tube where it connects to the back of the heads there are those two blocks. Take a hacksaw and cut those off. Now, take some high temp gasket stuff and flip the blocks over so the flat side plugs the holes. Remember the left side block will now go on the right side and vice versa. Take the bolts and screw them bad boys back in.
I've also heard that the threads on a spark plug are the same so you can screw one in and bust the rest off.

Yea lots of good ways to do it. What I did was take the blocks off the back and hacksaw the lines off, then put a bolt in the open lines and welded around them, works great and no leaks. The putting them on backwards sounds like a great alternative though.

i know this is a dumbquestion but what if the pump is still in but your using an o/r/h pipe is it now non-functional? if so, would not just having those holes blocked off cause any noticable problems?

flyingtexan said:
Anyone know of a great way to plug these holes in the rear of stock heads? All my smog stuffs gone, just need to plug the holes, or do I?

Thanks
easy way take an old plug it fits right in . put it in the hole tighten it down . snap the porsiln off with vise grips. worked for me and 100s others