Smoke from tailpipes

• Sponsors (?)

2k2SilverBullet said:
ever since i installed my o/r pipe im getting lil smoke out of my tailpipes both of them. Is this normal?

How long ago did you Install the o/r pipe? after I installed my cat-back and x, I had smoke for a few days. I find this is really common with new exhaust. whether its a cat-back or pipe, i'd expect some residue to "burn off" for about a week

I wouldn't sweat it. After I put my prochamber on, I noticed it smoked quite a bit also. It's not as bad as when it first went on, but it pretty much doing the same thing you described. There are no leaks - I've checked and had it checked by someone else just to be sure - and the engine runs fine. My dyno results after the install are in my signature. I also gained 3 mph on my trap speed. I think the extra smoke has a lot to do with the fact that the cats are gone.

mine has been smoking alot for a long time, some might remember some posts by me a while ago. it still does it but i think it has to do with moisture in the aftermarket pipes. i don't know about other brands, but i know flowmasters don't have a drainage pinhole in them like the stock muffs. therefore they retain alot of water. also resinated tips have some water retention. when i start the car it shoots out water. i think you are fine just some moisture :nice: