Smoked Headlight Install.. like or dislike?

Bl4ckedOutC0bra

Sep 23, 2005
I got a pair of smoked headlights from Mustangtuning.com and was wondering what you all think. I figured I would do a short little install guide to show how simple it was for all who haven't done a headlight swap before. I've always been afraid to upgrade lights as most look pretty ricey; hopefully these don't... I personally think it looks far better than stock. I snapped some pix with the stock lights, smoked lights and stock bulbs, and finally smoked lights with Stealth Bulbs... Enjoy :banana:

-Aaron

Before and after
sidebyside.jpg

Stock headlights
front.jpg

Bye bye amber :xpl:
leftfrontstock.jpg

poppinghood.jpg

Pull the headlight pins out
pullingpinsup.jpg

Slide headlight out
pullinglightout.jpg

Disconnect wires
unplugbulbs.jpg

DONE~! :D
PICT3298.jpg

PICT3293.jpg

With Stealth Bulbs in
PICT3299.jpg

PICT3303.jpg

Attachments

• sidebyside.jpg
    sidebyside.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 115
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 114
  • leftfrontstock.jpg
    leftfrontstock.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 129
  • pullingpinsup.jpg
    pullingpinsup.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 111
  • poppinghood.jpg
    poppinghood.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 123
  • PICT3298.jpg
    PICT3298.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 112
  • unplugbulbs.jpg
    unplugbulbs.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 103
  • pullinglightout.jpg
    pullinglightout.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 110
  • PICT3293.jpg
    PICT3293.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 115
  • PICT3299.jpg
    PICT3299.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 111
  • PICT3303.jpg
    PICT3303.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Sponsors (?)

I got mine from mustangtunig for christmas last year. They look so much better than the stock ones. They dont fit in there as good as stock, and both lights have got water in them even after I put silicon on them. :bang: I don't know what to do with them, but even with the moisture in them they still look better than the stockers. Where did you get the clear turn signal lights?

Thanks for all of the kind replies guys!

GTSTANG, I got the bulbs from work because I work for Stealth Auto. I know on SVTperformance.com Chris Nelson from NAPA is selling them for a great price. :)

Mossberg, I like the Sylvania's also but they don't offer a lifetime warranty and they appear somewhat blueish.

Bl4ckedOutC0bra said:
Mossberg, I like the Sylvania's also but they don't offer a lifetime warranty and they appear somewhat blueish.

They are more rainbowed. I have them in my car and they reflect a variety of colors, but mostly blue. I like them. When lit though they are purely amber.

I've had mine in my car for 2+ years...no problems. As long as the housings are watertight they should last you a while.

gtstangau said:
I got mine from mustangtunig for christmas last year. They look so much better than the stock ones. They dont fit in there as good as stock, and both lights have got water in them even after I put silicon on them. :bang: I don't know what to do with them, but even with the moisture in them they still look better than the stockers. Where did you get the clear turn signal lights?

You arent the first person Ive heard of that has bought headlights from MustangTuning and had got condensation in them after time. I got mine from a different company off eBay for 110 shipped earlier last week, and Im hoping down the line I dont have that problem.

Waaiiiiiiiiiiit a minute, I just noticed something in one of the pics

PICT3293.jpg

Those are the same exact boxes and from the same company as the ones I just got off eBay for $110 shipped. Although, the ones that you got from MustangTuning have the amber lens deleted, they are $199 shipped last I checked.

Something important for those of you 99-00 members to keep in miind when upgrading your headlights.

Bl4ckedOutCobra.... tell me more about your car. Im assuming its a 99 with an 04 hood? If those are the original headlights I am in awe of how good they looked when you took them off. Mine were hazy as *****.

Attachments

• PICT3293.jpg
    PICT3293.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 98
FivePointStang said:
Waaiiiiiiiiiiit a minute, I just noticed something in one of the pics

PICT3293.jpg

Those are the same exact boxes and from the same company as the ones I just got off eBay for $110 shipped. Although, the ones that you got from MustangTuning have the amber lens deleted, they are $199 shipped last I checked.

Something important for those of you 99-00 members to keep in miind when upgrading your headlights.

Bl4ckedOutCobra.... tell me more about your car. Im assuming its a 99 with an 04 hood? If those are the original headlights I am in awe of how good they looked when you took them off. Mine were hazy as *****.
I got mine from MustangTuning and the box looked nothing like that...just a plain cardboard box and might've said MustangTuning on it.

Attachments

• PICT3293.jpg
    PICT3293.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 100