smoking in your mustang?

is svttech the only honest one ? lol, i know there is a lot more smokers out there! lol i have to try and quit i been recently stopped smoking cigs, but moved onto inhaling cigars!!

• Sponsors (?)

I will not allow anyone to smoke in my car. My parents smoke and I am around that **** all the time and hate it. When I have to drive any of my parent's cars it smells just like an ashtray. Except for my dad's Mustang (leather smell plus he doesn't smoke much in it) and my moms Jeep, which has the popuri and smoke smell.

A while back I had a chance to buy a really nice, low mileage, little old lady one-owner (honestly) SVO for three grand. I went to look at the car and couldn't even bring myself to sit in it, it reeked so horribly of cigarettes. My wife asked if I couldn't just clean the interior? I made the mistake of buying one other smoker car and the dashboard still stained the cleaning cloth yellow two years after buying it. Never again.

I'm still bummed about the SVO. The lady still has it.

is svttech the only honest one ? lol, i know there is a lot more smokers out there! lol i have to try and quit i been recently stopped smoking cigs, but moved onto inhaling cigars!!

Just because someone says they don't smoke doesn't mean they're lying. I never did, never will, never tried, etc. Not that hard to believe.

If you knew me you'd understand why my girlfriend was surprised I risked getting a crumb in the 'Stang :D I bet most people here can understand why :nice:

smoking is probably the STUPIDEST thing someone could do. no matter how much they liked it all their life they ALWAYS regret it when they are on their death bed due to smoking

my grandma smoked for 40 years, quit before i was ever born, hadnt smoked for 20 years and ended up dying because of her smoking before.

when i turned 16 i smoked for a year (this was before my grandma died), i thought it was all cool and whatnot, getting the nicotene buzzes, then it started becoming a habit, after a year or so i started noticed a decrese and energy and stamina, i said **** THIS and quit. for a while i wanted one but i knew my grandma was sickly and didnt have much time and thats what kept me away from them
i couldnt be happier

smoking is BAD

smoking is probably the STUPIDEST thing someone could do. no matter how much they liked it all their life they ALWAYS regret it when they are on their death bed due to smoking

my grandma smoked for 40 years, quit before i was ever born, hadnt smoked for 20 years and ended up dying because of her smoking before.

when i turned 16 i smoked for a year (this was before my grandma died), i thought it was all cool and whatnot, getting the nicotene buzzes, then it started becoming a habit, after a year or so i started noticed a decrese and energy and stamina, i said **** THIS and quit. for a while i wanted one but i knew my grandma was sickly and didnt have much time and thats what kept me away from them
i couldnt be happier

smoking is BAD

My Grandmother died of lung cancer at age 56 from smoking. She never got to see her Grandkids. Smoking is not worth it.

I find it hard to believe that no one eats or drinks in their car except for maybe Dave and even he admitted to doing it..

If I wasn't having a terrible weekend (before the weekend even started) I wouldn't have done it :rolleyes: Even water is rare, just on long trips. I figure if I spill any I can grab a microfiber towel and clean a little while I'm at it :nice:

I don't smoke and never have but to each their own. As for eating/drinking in my car, back in '95, the girl I was dating at the time left some type of bottled soda on my floormat while my car was parked. Well, it was in the middle of the summer and I guess she didn't tighten the cap that well, needless to say it leaked all over my pass floormat. I threw out the floormat and soon thereafter broke up with the girl. The only "food" item allowed in my car is bottled water.

The only person that has smoked in my car was my boss many years ago. His car broke and I had to give him a ride. He was a chain smoker, never more than 10 min between them. I made him roll down the window, keep the cigarette out of the car, and stick his head out the window to take a drag and exhale. It was funny as hell to see, but at least the smoke smell went away in a few days.

We almost cancelled a deal on our used 01 Yukon XL due to a salesman that took it home over the weekend and smoked in it. It was clean when we first looked at it. I was rather mad, but luckily the smell went away soon.

I never have ever even tried any tobacco product. It's funny though, I almost married a smoker, and my first love (the girl in my avater and current good freind) smoked. (the girl in my avatar quit long ago). I expected the taste of kissng a smoker to be much worse than it was, so it really didn't bother me, and after being with a smoker for 3 years, I got used to it. But I will say that being that close to a smoker, really makes me further wonder why the hell anyone would ever start smoking.

The worse kind of smoker is a dirty smoker.

Only one girl ever smoked in my Mustang.... and she was hawt, in a bikini with some very big nice bewbies.... when she asked if she could smoke and I hesitated, she said "I'll let you see them if I can smoke in here" so I said "Make it a feel and it's a deal." The deal was made. The smoke smell went away, but the memory remains. :D

Wow some of you guys are nuts in my book. I don't smoke but ill eat and drink and whatever in my car doesn't bother me much. Occasionally if a friend asks he can smoke in it, the smell goes away in a few days so no biggie.

rarely do I myself eat someting i find it a PITA to shift and eat etc etc i will drink tho.

plus my GF can eat, we go get ice cream sometimes and eat it in the car doesnt bother me at all

You also have to take into account the quality of said cars. My car I used to eat and drink it in eat whenever wherever, didnt care. When my cars done this year I will not be eating or drinking in it, and am even leary about who I let ride with me. Its a different ball game when you have a few bolt ons in a 130K mile driver, vs a show car with brand new seats, carpet and tons of money, blood sweat and tears into it!

With that said I DO NOT smoke, have not smoked and will NEVER smoke. I will not allow it in any of my vehicles, and if you need to smoke you can stand 15 feet away and suck on it!